Water Wetter?

redkat05

Dear spring....... HURRY!
Donating Member
Registered
Anyone ever use Water Wetter? I was thinkin of doin this instead of Engine Ice so I don't have to flush or replace the good anti-freeze in the bike

I have used in my ATV for desert racing, no temp gauge so cant confirm but it did cool off faster after the races so I can only assume it ran cooler as well.
super.gif

Yup, in both of my bikes. I use distilled water and still drain and flush once a year, but I do 6 trackdays a year
wink.gif

I haven't tried that, can't do trackdays with antifreeze. Doesn't clean up easy. I flushed all my antifreeze out.

Used it for years in race cars. With 50% AF, with 10% AF, and 100% water.  Also in my 2 stroke dirt bikes when I was racing them in a 100% water or 25% AF combinations. It works.

Tastes great/less filling.....oops wrong pruduct there.

k i'ma pick some up n throw it in tomorrow before I go to Bike Night here in Erie, PA. Too many lights close together and bike always gets warm

I use it in two bikes with 50/50 mix and two cars. All runs a little cooler. Hayabusa fan kicks in not as often as before. I like it.

WW in summer, Antifreeze all winter. trackdays require WW [mostly]

Engine ice is fine too, but not allowed on trackdays

ok well correct me if i am wrong but water wetter is an additive not a replacement

(redkat05 @ Jun. 28 2007,16:54) ok well correct me if i am wrong but water wetter is an additive not a replacement
Exactly, but some mixes of AF and water cool better than others. Water by itself has better heat transfer characteristics than AF. In some racing environments you don’t need as much AF. You may also be more interesting in cooling the boil over temp. You also have to consider spot boiling in one place that may not boil the entire system. The mix numbers I was quoting was with ethylene glycol antifreeze. The 10% version was just enough AF to prevent corrosion. We also ran the cooling systems at much higher pressures to raise the boiling point.

Regardless think of water wetter as a kind of a primer. It makes the “Jointâ€￾ between the water and the metal parts better. This allows the water to transfer the heat from the engine components and to the radiator better. It does this by altering the surface tension of the water and changing the way it transfers or releases the water.

So you can reduce your operating temp a few degrees with water wetter added to it. And a few more by reducing the amount of AF. However, if you are in an environment subject to freezing temperatures …… watch out.

Another factor is you want to build initial heat in the engine as soon as possible. You do not want to delay this if possible. More wear can result.

Next is corrosion. AF has better corrosion control than both water and water wetter. That is the reason to keep some AF in the system. This much more important in application involving aluminum than those with cast iron and copper.

most of that I read in research i've done but thanks anyway. I run 50/50 anti-freeze/water now so i'll probably just add in the water wetter

Back