dOWN AND oUT ... aGAIN

dezzy7

Registered
Man it must be bad karma. First, starter gear goes out and i'm down for almost a month. Then i get the bike back and it rains for a week. Now I'm finally out on the road jetting out on what looks like a great day to catch up with some other busaholics and WHAMMMMM! something slips in the rear wheel at 90+ mph throws the chain scratches my chrome swingarm, cracks my gearshift cover and completely totals my front sprocket/clutch cover. I held the sucker in the road and got it to the sidelines without laying it down. Actually i didn't panic till i got it off the road and thought "How messy it could have been if the rear wheel had completely locked up at that speed in the highway traffic". Tried not to linger on that too long. :frown:

Nevertheless the local police were kind enough to give me a ride to a local spot where i meet up with the wife who bought me home. Afterwhich I hooked up the trailer and went back to pick up the bike, which i had locked to the guard rail with a Kyrptonite Faugetaboutit chain lock. Got it home tore into it to to check the damage. Other than the gearshift cover and sprocket cover it looks fine. I still need to take the front sprocket off to unbind the chain.. But it looks like it be fine once i order the parts and get it all back together. I sure hope the rest of the season is gonna go better than it has thus far.

On the brighter side, I've really become comfortable tearing the busa down and putting it back together. And I finally got the hump mod done, even though i stilld wont to do a cutout for storage. And since its gonna be down for at least a week I guess I have time to do a couple other mods on it... Yeah I'm even thinking about taking the motorcycle mechanics course-who knows since I'm into it maybe now is a good time to go ahead and drop it down, add that extended swingarm, and well you get the picture. Just because its down doesn't mean the work on it stops.

glad to hear it wasn't worse than it could have been. You and your bird could have been really messed up. I hope this is the end of your bad luck spell!
smile.gif

dezzy7,
I'm assuming this happened Saturday. That sucks big time. I didn't go riding with you guys because I had a ride scheduled for Sunday (wifey allows one long ride per weekend). They bailed out Sunday AM, so I feel like it's almost my fault. If I had gone with you guys Saturday, it might not have happened to you.

Good luck with the machine!

What year is your bike...Did you fiqure out what caused the rear to lock up...

Just catching up on missed reading while I was out in CA.
Sorry to hear about the bad luck but atleast you weren't hurt.

yea locking up the rear tire while driving down the road isnt fun. Had a friend who had his bike completely apart for chrome dipping. He finally got all his parts in, and was in a rush to make it to the Ft Lauderdale Hooters for a bike show. He forgot the secure his rear brake brace (that long piece that goes under the swingarm), somehow it managed to twist around and lock up his rear tire on I-595. Just like they tell you in the course, just keep it pointed straight. Other than some damage to the rear of the bike and a seriously flat spotted tire, he was alright.

luck mo fo though

Mike

Tough Luck dezzy, ever have that feeling your just not ment to ride?
Nope!!!

I figure you ride long enough you eventually have at least have a few difficult days. But the mindset stays the same.

Kinda like sex or dating, you never let one bad experience stop you from doing what you LOVE to do. Take it in stride and keep on rolling.

Rolling bikes till I'm to old, and then I'm gonna build a trike !!!
jump9.gif

Tough Luck dezzy, ever have that feeling your just not ment to ride?
Nope!!!

I figure you ride long enough you eventually have at least have a few difficult days. But the mindset stays the same.

Kinda like sex or dating, you never let one bad experience stop you from doing what you LOVE to do. Take it in stride and keep on rolling.

Rolling bikes till I'm to old, and then I'm gonna build a trike !!!
jump9.gif
Dezzy you know I love your comparison...You know the like sex thing...I like sex to and my bike...

Thanks for the support guys. Actually this has been an interesting season. A lot of down compared to most years in which i have no down timeduring the peak of the season, and only down for mods in the winter. Actually though I've enjoyed having the bike apart, I've done most of the repairs myself, and I come to believe that this baby is as fun to work on as it is to ride. Pretty simple for the most part. And by working on it myself I believe I've gained another level of confidence in the bike, as well as my ability to handle most problems.

Also I finally picked the new paint color--you'll gonna have to wait to the winter to see that mod though. Gonna go all out and get the bike,trailer, and tow vehicle all painted the same color and scheme---I think this is gonna bust the bank, but hey you only go around once...right ---unless there are no busa's in heaven--then i'm coming back
wink.gif

Back