Don't want my LE Busa' falling over, best stand?

s4play

Registered
What do you guys suggest that is ROCK SOLID?

I just don't feel safe with this heavy bike on that tiny kick stand even though it's an aftermarket piece....

Please let me know what you use and where I can get it!

thanks
rick

I have the stock stand, but here are a few pointers. NEVER park your busa downhill. ALWAYS leave the busa in gear when parking, and allow the bike to roll forward, taking all the slack out of the drivetrain before putting the kickstand down. ALWAYS leave the kickstand down while your getting on the busa. If you have a stock kickstand, use the search feature and check out the kickstand mod.

I have the stock stand, but here are a few pointers. NEVER park your busa downhill. ALWAYS leave the busa in gear when parking, and allow the bike to roll forward, taking all the slack out of the drivetrain before putting the kickstand down. ALWAYS leave the kickstand down while your getting on the busa. If you have a stock kickstand, use the search feature and check out the kickstand mod.
+1

All I can add is hold your brake lever while you are getting on your busa.

I just looked at your post closer. If you are asking about a front stand to work on your busa, there are several that will work well. Site sponsor redline stands has some nice ones. I have the Suzuki brand and like it too.

busa_eureka_06060.JPG

The only problem is you cant do any fork work on your bike if you have a front stand like that. If you are never going to work on your own forks and use the stand to balance the bike or work on your brakes and front wheel etc.. than they are perfect. Cheap too i might add.

If your looking for a docking station park your busa into, and a chock to haul your busa in the back of a truck or trailer I recommend the Baxley sport chock.

tlr3.jpg

Yeah, more info needed. Are you talking about parking it when you are riding or when you are doing work on her?

You guys are VERY informative and thinking of things I never thought of!

I bought this Busa' used and it seems the previous guy lowered it - he's got this really unique aftermarket stand that is all polished out and can be height adjusted by pulling this pin and sliding it out further, etc.

I'm going to have the Busa' put back to stock height but I don't even know what is involved.

The bike looks slammed and I'm looking for a "Rear Tire" stand just to store it safely in the garage in case of earthquakes (we do have that problem here in CA)

I remember my R1 I had to buy Spindles so just wanted to know a good combination to use.

P.S. I read the issues with the stock stands but I have some aftermarket really thick looking piece that is adjustable.

thanks again,
rick

You will need a set of stock links to put it back . They can be had very cheaply since a lot of folks want to lower their bike. Spools for the rear is the way you want to go and it doesn't matter which ones you get really. Your adjustable kickstand will work even with the bike at stock height. PitBull, Handy, Redline and CycleCat make good rear and front stands.

You will need a set of stock links to put it back .  They can be had very cheaply since a lot of folks want to lower their bike.  Spools for the rear is the way you want to go and it doesn't matter which ones you get really.  Your adjustable kickstand will work even with the bike at stock height.  PitBull, Handy, Redline and CycleCat make good rear and front stands.
+1 on what BigBs said. Sounds like the stand you have will lift right off the swingarm. They make stands like that too. Can you post a picture of what you have and your bike too!
winkold.gif

The only problem is you cant do any fork work on your bike if you have a front stand like that. If you are never going to work on your own forks and use the stand to balance the bike or work on your brakes and front wheel etc.. than they are perfect. Cheap too i might add.
True that, but I also have a motorcycle lift that most use to lift cruiser bikes. I use that lift to work on the wifes bike. When the busa is up on both stands, I can roll it under the busa and lift up the front by the headers to service the forks. You can do the same thing with a bottle jack and a piece of 2X4.

Back