Front stand loose

Zoinks!

Registered
Hey guys, I ordered a vortex front stand and recieved it this evening. I put it all together without any problems, except for the fact that it seems to be a bit loose where it comes together. It's a collapsable stand and it only has 1 bolt on each side where the upper and lower pieces meet and if you give it some pressure it starts to fold. I'm just wondering if this is how all collapsable stands are or if I made a mistake in choosing this one. All the reviews I read on it said that it was a really good stand, really sturdy, etc., so I went for it. Any input will be very much appreciated. Sorry for the poor quality/color picture. I took it with my phone. Didn't feel like takin the time to get the good camera.

Here's a pic of how it comes together.

0903081957.jpg

If you are not comfortable with it...I would not use it. Hind sight is crystal clear...would have for your bike to drop off the stand.

I am not familar with the vortex..does it have a locking mechanism for the collapsable part?

Could you possibly return it if you are not satisfied with it?

I have the redline front stand with pegs that go into the fork tubes and am very comfortable leaving the bike on it.

Hope it works out.

If you are not comfortable with it...I would not use it. Hind sight is crystal clear...would have for your bike to drop off the stand.

I am not familar with the vortex..does it have a locking mechanism for the collapsable part?

Could you possibly return it if you are not satisfied with it?

I have the redline front stand with pegs that go into the fork tubes and am very comfortable leaving the bike on it.

Hope it works out.

I don't see any kind of locking mechanism with it or in the instructions. Also double checked on a few sites and what I have is all I see. I thought about just making my own locking mechanism with a few pieces of metal, but first I'm gonna wait to see if anyone else has any input on this stand or one like it.

https://www.hayabusa.org/forum/new-2008-busa-threads/93784-bike-stands.html

read post #5 not a front, but may reflect what you are seeing.

Doesn't reflect anything for me. . . I've had the rear stand as long as I've had the bike and I love it. It's extremely sturdy and I've never had any problems with it. I've been very very happy with the rear, that's why I bought the front, but I guess maybe that was a mistake. I'd still like to hear from some people with 2 piece front stands. . . If there are any out there. Maybe I'm just an idiot, but I didn't think it would be a big deal based on the number of 2 piece stands out there and the reviews I read on this one.

Back