Absolute Safest And Easiest Way To Get The (fat) Busa Onto A Rear Stand.

Lucid

Registered
I'm sure some of you already do this, but if you don't this has helped me infinitely. I saw a couple of people recently talking about how hard the bike is to get on a rear stand, so I thought I would pass this along. My bike is low, stretched, and HEAVY, and I'm not the biggest guy. I feel much safer raising and lowering the bike on the rear stand now.

Just use a jack stand (available cheap at Harbor Freight or other stores) under the right side of the swingarm. Lean the bike over on the stand (centered) so that the bike is now level. Now you can lift the bike easily onto the rear stand (even with one hand, while recording a video like me). Keep the stand there to save the bike in case it falls overnight or something, and you can also lower the bike back down safely, slowly dropping the bike on the jack stand. Keeping the bike on the rear stand takes stress off of aftermarket kickstands, off the rear tire, and is just overall safer. You can put some rubber or something on the rear stand if you want to protect the swingarm.

good idea. yea gettn that thing up there never gives me a warm and fuzzy feeln.... I actually dropped it last year and by the grace of GOD it fell onto a big cardboard box full of clothes so it wasn't scratched. and I jus put the box in there a few days before and wanted to move it but thank god I didn't smh prob wudda been a $750 day!

I ended up buying a condor stand anyway so obviously its a breeze now but i really want a Paddock and will likely sell my rear stand wen I do.

prob keep the condor tho cause it easy to work on wen its in there but I got a tight garage so that Paddock wud be the cats ass but dam that bitch is expensive

Last edited:
I use a brick underneath the kickstand.

I've seen the brick method and I'm sure it works. But for me, (1) that scares me with lowered bikes b/c the bike is so upright on the brick, and (2) the jack stand minimizes risk by allowing the bike to be supported no matter which way the bike might fall. (if the bike ever falls right, the jack stand catches it; left and the kickstand catches it). It also helps safely lower the bike back down off of the rear stand b/c the bike is totally supported and level when lowered on the jack stand, then it can be safely leaned onto the kickstand. I think this is the lowest-risk method.

Thanks for the idea every little bit helps I proberly use a little rubber on the jack so as to not scratch the swing arm off topic but does anyone make a centre stand for this bike if so are they popular I imagine not :thumbsup:

100_1151.jpg
This works nicely too. 5/8" steel bar thru the swing arm pivot. I wrap it with painters masking tape to hold it snug.

Back