Don't let them bait you

Was riding a GS1100 one evening some years ago along a mountain straight away East of Seattle do'in maybe 65 when a Honda 1000 passed me going maybe 120. Hadn't seen him come up and so it scared the cr_p out of me. I cranked it on but though it was gonna take awhile to catch him, so backed off at about 125 and let him go. Twenty miles up the road were a couple emergency vehicles whose attendants were intently picking up the pieces of the Honda and it's rider from the bottom of a boulder and tree covered revine. Was glad I hadn't taken the bait that time. Another time was do'in about 70 eastbound on I-90 in the hills when a pickup with four drunk dudes in the front seat passed me go'in real fast. I cranked it on and passed them at about 90 and backed off. They came past me again goin even faster. Passed em even faster. After the third time doing this I thought screw it and let'em go. Five miles up the road Washington's finest had them pulled over. For those that drive I-90 over the pass probably know that there is radar every quarter of a mile along that stretch because my detector tells me so. Good luck.:banghead:

I'd just like to say that just because someone's in their 20s doesn't mean they ride like a squid. I'm 22 and when I'm out riding, I'm riding for sake of the ride. Not to try to prove something to ANYONE. I simply love to be on my machine. Have I had it over the speed limit? Of course I have. But the only times I've been more than 10 mph over the limit have been in situations with NO, let me say again, NO traffic. Just because we're young doesn't mean we're all idiots.

The only time i ever get beside myself is really when I'm alone. When ur riding with a pack, u can't predict what another rider will do or worse what the driver of a car might do when they see a pack buzzing. I do agree that most of us sometimes forget about traffic, but I also know alot of the more mature riders tend to realize traffic and ride smart. I TRY to realize that, and for the most part i'm good at it, but I ain't no saint tho I do practice common road courteosy more and more.

Back