Don't let them bait you

Yah most of my friends are in there mid 20s and i remember being that guy. You try to talk sence to them but they need to learn the hard way i guess.

I ride till i am excited or get a rush....that may be 1 boosted pull to 80mph one day or an all out pull to 200mph the next. Of course i chose my areas carefully but thats kinda just how i ride.

Had a guy in a Turbo NEON...ops ..Im sorry ( SRT)...lol try and run me ..WTF ?? Boost is a attitude changer...lol

Last edited:
I know the feeling dude,

It's nice to ride around on the Busa and take it easy, however now days a lot of 600cc bikes want a shot at the title.

I very rarely ever oblidge, especially since loosing my license last year for speeding.

Lord knows had it been a willful speed competition things would have ended up worse.

I was riding with some younger guys on Sunday and they all cracked their throttles and I followed and opened her up a bit...then they all slowed down asking why I didn't pass them...I just replied, I wasn't even out of fourth gear son, I was barley stretching her legs when you got out of it! I really didn't want to slam in the rear of their bikes.

That's why you just have to buy a Busa in your 20's, then you have nothing to prove from the get!:moon: I like to take it easy while riding, with friends or without...top speed is fun if you're not pressured into doing it but I still worry about the fuzz..otherwise I get my fix in corners, even if my idea of "carving" is 10 over the posted haha (still have alot of work to do in that area)

The power to wieght ratio on those 600s with a 140lb rider is very, very good. From a dead stop they can be wicked quick, especially if they are racing a 300lb guy. So, I ignore them because if I open it up, I'm doing 130 in a flash. That means

1. Unsafe driving on the street with traffic
2. A speeding ticket or worse a racing ticket
3. A wreck from them the 600 rider being out of control
4. People thinking I'm an assbag biker racing on the street, like all of the morons I constantly complain about.

So, I just drive to my own legal speed limits. Now if we were in my favorite area where there is no traffic as far as the eye can see, then I would do a roll on with them from 60mph, but that hasn't happened. I meet a LOT more Harley riders than anything else, and they all ride roughly the speed limit.

Also, I can't start out from a dead stop quickly. I need some serious training from a drag racer in the New Port Richey area of Florida. I suck at starting from a dead stop.

Anyone in my area want to help me out?:beerchug:

Have'nt met a bike yet that can beat my Yamaha Warrior 1700cc 2004 out of the hole.
They go flying by me after about 50yards or so doing wheelies. But I've already had my fun. Of course a Busa with a rider with dragstrip exp. would be interesting. bait, bait:laugh:

I had an r6 try to bait me, at the redlight i looked at him shook my head and laughed, asked him, why? we both already know the outcome, i only weigh 150lbs, he probably weighed about 200lbs. and I'm on a genII...

How do you guys do it?

I'm used to goosing it like I did on my buell. It had some get up and go. Nothing compared to the busa of course. When I goose it on the busa, all I do is spin the bike tire and not go any where.

What really cracks me up is when people say they ride alot, or the've ridden for 3+ yrs. So they have tons of exprience. I ask them how many miles they've put on there bike since they've had. Their reply is 500-700 miles a year... I start wondering how much exprience they have because i've rode for only two years and have 28,000+ miles on two wheels between my buell and busa.

I'm only 24 years old, and I don't feel the urge to go blazing fast anymore. Now that i'm on the busa I enjoy cruising so much more!:thumbsup:

I had an r6 try to bait me, at the redlight i looked at him shook my head and laughed, asked him, why? we both already know the outcome, i only weigh 150lbs, he probably weighed about 200lbs. and I'm on a genII...

Same here, just shake my head, shrug the shoulders and laugh.

I don't usually take the bait either. I have been known to roll the throttle in perfect conditions, but only long enough to let em know how bad I could smoke em. Most of the time I point to my Busa sticker and smile. Poeple can hate all they want, but there aren't very many bikes that can hang with a Busa on a straight and they all know it, so there really isn't much to prove...IMO.

Since when did riding a beautiful bike become a squid race invitation? Public roadways are not the place for child's play! :rulez:

people always ask me how fast my bike goes; i just tell em i dont know b/c ive never had her above the speed limit:whistle:

Have'nt met a bike yet that can beat my Yamaha Warrior 1700cc 2004 out of the hole.
They go flying by me after about 50yards or so doing wheelies. But I've already had my fun. Of course a Busa with a rider with dragstrip exp. would be interesting. bait, bait:laugh:

I agree had an 06 warrior myself and still wish to this day that I could have kept her and got the busa.

Back