Don't let them bait you

gunsavy

Registered
It happens everytime. Im out riding and some one on an obviously slower bike want to test me. Now i am by no means the best rider, not even close. But to some people it's not enough that bike say's 1300r on the side. And it's mainly the 600's that do this to me. And i always fall for it. Some are better riders but most are just crazy. What i mean by that is they ride so far beyond there means just to prove a point that put other people in danger. This case involved a ducati 848. I'm sure you all know how this starts and how it ends. Well this ended with me letting him go after the battle got to intense (mind you we were in traffic) which was surprisingly heavy for a sunday. The last straw was when he shot past this lady and scared the s&*t out her and made her almost swerve right in front of me. I just let him go, I had already shot past him 4 times but he wouldn't let up. They say with more freedom comes more responsibility, i guess the same should apply to more horse power. We are old enough to afford these big toys we should act like it. Respect the speed (Be safe)

You are of course right and I am personaly no example of good judgemet but unless I know the road and like the conditions I don't play.

My brother and I are in a little cafe in BC last week.
In walks 5 guys that just drove up on Duc's.
They walk over to order their food and then go and sit down.
My brother asks them "which one of you is the fastest?"
One guy pipes up and says "It isn't all about being the fastest"
My brother says "Well it isn't you, so which one is it?"
Another guy in the gropu pipes up and says "I am"

My point is I agree with you, and just knowing you are is good enough, you don't have to prove it.

Race on the track.

The street if for riding.

Unless you race on it.

Then it's an excellent place to die.

And hurt or kill others.

I only pay enough attention to other riders to wave. I dont fall into groups I dont know, and I dont race. So other than the wave, I ignore em.

For some reason, I am only crazy when I am with my friends. I don't like messing around with people I don't know. You just never know what they are willing to do to prove themselves.

I got passed by a fat chick on a 600 two days ago so I have no clue what you're talking about. :(

nothing pisses those idiots off more than when you don't take the bait.

when someone challenges me i simply ask them "what do you ride"?

when they answer i just say...."thats a nice bike, but not nearly enough to deal with this" then i invite them to the track to get his ass woopin.

i am always asked to ride a wheelie...whats up with that...do they know what it costs if you mess up and crash...cop sees you,ticket...front fork seal blowout...so to pop a wheelie and costing me money for their entertainment is funny...and thats all i do is look at them and laugh..:moon:

and yes the kids on 600s a few times have tryed to get me to run them...i wont until i get something worth running against....and laugh

Last edited:
When will they learn ???

Sooner or later...

When they crash or when they hit someone or when they break their bike or when they get a massive ticket or when they go jail for wreckless and their bike is impounded or when their parents find out and take their keys away or when a car pops out in front of them from a side street/drive way/left turn/sudden lane change/etc....

...or never...

When the die during a street race.

The saddest part being that in all of this, they will still have proven NOTHING.

I have that prob in my mustang. Its pushing 500hp and has a heavy cam. I get everyone in a honda that revs at me wanting to run.I would think just hearing the car would change there mind but they always burn the tires taking off. I just have to laugh. I guess thats the difference between 40 yrs old and 20.

had a guy on some liter bike late at night with his girl on the back.. try and beat me high speed.. I let off at 130 indicated when I saw he had a passenger..he kept going..poor girl???

I have that prob in my mustang. Its pushing 500hp and has a heavy cam. I get everyone in a honda that revs at me wanting to run.I would think just hearing the car would change there mind but they always burn the tires taking off. I just have to laugh. I guess thats the difference between 40 yrs old and 20.

Bingo

This happened to me once. My early days when I first had my busa I had a pack of 600s that I can see that were moving up on me and past me. I thought, no problem....next thing I see is 2 police cars coming up trying to catch those 600s. Well, I got paranoid and did not want them think it was me that I was with those guys. I took off....out ran the police that were coming and out ran the 600s and than got off the exit. I seen the 600s get pulled over about a mile up ahead. I thought to myself that was a close one. :laugh:

that is so true.....

i remember being 20, and i was an idiot. i hated the older guys that would come around with thier fast cars and bikes.....because i was too poor, and unknowledgable to build anything fast.

now i am that guy....most of my guys i ride with are early 20's and they just make me laugh, they want to race and goof off, but hav nothing that can even come close to my bike.

Back