Does the busa feel as fast as its going?

Javi - Congrats on the Busa (respect the power). where in Florida are you?
Thanks, in miami florida.
A fellow Miami man! Kool, I reside near Joe Robbie (I don't care what its called, I'll always call it that).
laugh.gif

zzwhip.gif
AM -->
JaviBUSA08 @ Dec. 24 2007 said:
1249176[/ATTACH] AM]
A fellow Miami man! Kool, I reside near Joe Robbie (I don't care what its called, I'll always call it that).
laugh.gif
Nice, I live more towards kendall. Hey you know any place in miami that does custom painting on bikes and helmets? Thanks man.

zzwhip.gif

Having ridden touring and sport touring for 30 years. I can easily tell what speed my Busa is going without looking at the speedo, by the amound of frontal wind push and wind noise. On my touring or sport touring I really have to look at the speedo often because they can easily mislead you to think you are going speed limit when in fact you are waaaaaay over. On he other hand, if I had have only sport bikes since the beginning, I would probably also feel that the Busa's speed is misleading compared to other sport bikes.

Mike B
Couldn't agree more.

My Hondas offer better wind protection and are much smoother and quieter than the Busa eventhough they're v-twins. 100 mph on those bikes feels like 50 mph on the Busa. After riding the Busa for a week and then jumping on a CXT, I really have to pay attention to the speedometer. Of course it's all apples and oranges since my Hondas are sport touring bikes.

Class for class though, Honda owns the market on smoothness.

I had that same problem of scaring myself when I looked at the speedo. So, I solved that problem with a Speed-O-Healer, set it at -50%. Now I look at the speedo and the speed seems correct
beerchug.gif

Smooth is the reason why I got the busa. Its my ST rig and I wanted a bike that was calm smooth to do 500+ mile days while doing legal speeds. I had no intention of buying the king of the hill bike, but at 70mph the busa is so relaxed. Lots of other sport bikes are screaming at high rpms. Im not ready for a bagger, couchwing or a cruiser. If I found a XX black bird, I would probably have that bike instead because -as previously mentioned- hondas own the patent on smooth.

Smooth
inexpensive (used)
huge aftermarket
resale-able.

Whats not to like? Although I wish someone would make decent, affordable, removeable hard luggage.

zzwhip.gif
AM -->
1249230[/ATTACH] AM]
laugh.gif
Nice, I live more towards kendall. Hey you know any place in miami that does custom painting on bikes and helmets? Thanks man.
I've heard of a shop off of 441 on Pembroke Road in Hollywood. I'll see what I can find.

I'll send you a PM once I find out more.

Oh, but as far as the topic goes ... its a constant issue with me. Then again, I have 16/43 gearing.
laugh.gif

zzwhip.gif

laugh.gif

Having ridden touring and sport touring for 30 years. I can easily tell what speed my Busa is going without looking at the speedo, by the amound of frontal wind push and wind noise. On my touring or sport touring I really have to look at the speedo often because they can easily mislead you to think you are going speed limit when in fact you are waaaaaay over. On he other hand, if I had have only sport bikes since the beginning, I would probably also feel that the Busa's speed is misleading compared to other sport bikes.

Mike B
Couldn't agree more.

My Hondas offer better wind protection and are much smoother and quieter than the Busa eventhough they're v-twins.  100 mph on those bikes feels like 50 mph on the Busa.  After riding the Busa for a week and then jumping on a CXT, I really have to pay attention to the speedometer.  Of course it's all apples and oranges since my Hondas are sport touring bikes.

You need to ride an 08 Busa!

Mike B
Couldn't agree more.

My Hondas offer better wind protection and are much smoother and quieter than the Busa eventhough they're v-twins.  100 mph on those bikes feels like 50 mph on the Busa.  After riding the Busa for a week and then jumping on a CXT, I really have to pay attention to the speedometer.  Of course it's all apples and oranges since my Hondas are sport touring bikes.

I just visited the Honda site to look for the "CXT" but didn't see anything. What is that?

I'm not trying to be funny, I've honestly never heard of it.

zzwhip.gif
AM -->
1249242[/ATTACH] AM]
laugh.gif
I've heard of a shop off of 441 on Pembroke Road in Hollywood. I'll see what I can find.

Oh, but as far as the topic goes ... its a constant issue with me. Then again, I have 16/43 gearing.
laugh.gif
Ok perfect thanks.

zzwhip.gif

laugh.gif

Mike B
Couldn't agree more.

I just visited the Honda site to look for the "CXT" but didn't see anything. What is that?

I'm not trying to be funny, I've honestly never heard of it.
Just an abbreviation for the really old turbo versions of the CX.

650.jpg

Mike B
Couldn't agree more.

I've heard the '08s smoothed out. Did they get rid of that ~4500 rpm buzz? Honda has that counterbalancer magic thing going on with the Blackbird, did Suzuki finally catch on?

yeah the 08 is a lot smoother. i find my self some times pushing 90-100 when i really should not be. gotta love the extra power.
cool.gif

I had the same problem when I first got my Busa. What I thought was about 70 was more like 90.
cool.gif
Once I put my Yosh pipes on it and the exhaust was louder that helped a lot.

zzwhip.gif
AM -->
1249354[/ATTACH] AM]
laugh.gif

laugh.gif
Ok perfect thanks.
The guy that paonted my bike is right off of 441 and Giffen Road over here in Davie. If you want his information shoot me a PM and I will get it to you. (I dont know if you want to travel that far north)

zzwhip.gif

laugh.gif

zzwhip.gif
AM -->
1249710[/ATTACH] AM]
laugh.gif

laugh.gif
Nightcrrawler... I am thinking of going to a 16/42 set-up for street and strip riding, then back to a 17/39 for Maxton. How do you like that 16/43 set-up on your Busa. Is it a good street gear???
Thanks, GG

zzwhip.gif

laugh.gif

Back