Does the busa feel as fast as its going?

JaviBUSA08

Registered
Hey guys,

I have been riding a busa for about a week now, I have had hondas before then. I noticed that when I ride on the busa for some reason I feel like if I am going slower than what I really am. For example I was riding down the main street infront of my house which the speed limit is 40 miles an hour, I felt as if I was going 50 at the most when I look down at the speedo I was going like almost 80
sadnews.gif
. Is it just me?
all_coholic.gif

Nope, it's not just you.
The busa is so smooth and effortless, you don't realize how fast you are really going.
Got it over 100 yet? That's just as smooth.
thumb_up.gif

Not over 100 yet. To many state troopers hanging around where I have been riding it. But when I take it to work next week I will. I am also riding it easy only have 50 miles on it. A little of topic do you know a good place where I can buy redline stands for the bike? The one you put on the rear axle?(not sure if I am calling it by the proper name but never owned one of those before.)

I remember while getting things warmed up I was supposed to keep it around 150mph. What I "felt" was 150 in my head ended up being 155.

Then when I was supposed to go 175mph, I "felt" I was doing maybe 175-180 and was really at 192.

As the speeds go up you really lose perception of your actual speed. More seat time and you'll know exactly what speed your at just based on the tone of your engine.

See, it's not just you. These bikes will fool you. They are smoother @ 160 than other bikes are @ 100.And it only takes a few seconds to get it there!!!
thumb_up.gif
I find myself creepin up around 80-90 on the interstate constantly...

after getting of my gixxer 1000 i find the busa to be super smooth and it`s the same thing with not realizing just how fast your are going on the busa...just a sweet bike!!!
thumb_up.gif

I constantly have to make sure I'm not going too fast because its so easy and comfortable.

Not complaining, that the reason I bought the busa!

Not over 100 yet. To many state troopers hanging around where I have been riding it. But when I take it to work next week I will. I am also riding it easy only have 50 miles on it. A little of topic do you know a good place where I can buy redline stands for the bike? The one you put on the rear axle?(not sure if I am calling it by the proper name but never owned one of those before.)
Redline stands is one of the site sponsors.. Just click on the "Sponsors" tab at the top of the page, and scroll down to find the Redline Stands name. Then click on the name and you can send them a message..
thumb_up.gif

Yes, the busa is slippery smooth and will fool you into thinking you are going the speed limit.. She hates going slow...
laugh.gif
whistling.gif

Redline stands is one of the site sponsors.. Just click on the "Sponsors" tab at the top of the page, and scroll down to find the Redline Stands name. Then click on the name and you can send them a message..
thumb_up.gif

Yes, the busa is slippery smooth and will fool you into thinking you are going the speed limit.. She hates going slow...
laugh.gif
whistling.gif
Got it. Thanks
biggrin.gif

Having ridden touring and sport touring for 30 years. I can easily tell what speed my Busa is going without looking at the speedo, by the amound of frontal wind push and wind noise. On my touring or sport touring I really have to look at the speedo often because they can easily mislead you to think you are going speed limit when in fact you are waaaaaay over. On he other hand, if I had have only sport bikes since the beginning, I would probably also feel that the Busa's speed is misleading compared to other sport bikes.

Mike B

Back