Well, it wasn't as bad as I thought...

Busa_05

Busa Legend
Donating Member
Registered
Well, some of you had seen my post about when I was going to install the jet kit for my wife's SV. It had just been running like crap...way lean, bogging down...

So, when I got the bike pulled apart to the point that I can take off her carbs, I realize the screws that clamp the carbs to the intake heads were rounded out fairly badly. I bought some liquid wrench and spray them down, let them sit for a day, and they came off fairly easily.

Man, when I got her carbs off and really looked at them, they were just filthy. The pilot jets were filthy, partially clogged, the main jets weren't much better. The fuel mixture screws? One was set at 2.5 turns out and the other at about 3.75 turns out...

Anyway, I put the Dyno needle in set at 3 up and changed the main jets to 140's. She has a stock exhaust with K&N air filter. Set her fuel mixture screws to 2.5 turns out.

Boy, her little bike just runs like a champ now. I was surprised I didn't have to fine tune the jetting and that the settings all seemed to work out okay. I think I could tweak it more to find that "sweet spot," but I think this will be good for her for right now. Anything is frickin' better than the way it ran before. I took it out for a ride and didn't experience any bogs in the rev range up through the gears. The throttle response was fantastic and I actually could wheelie the darn little thing.

Anyway, I just got the garage cleaned up and it's rolling on 1 AM. I'm gonna hit the hay.

Later All,

Jason

Glad to hear it. Now you both have bikes that can actually run.
biggrin.gif

Glad you got her bike all fixed up. Now you two can go for rides together.
beerchug.gif

Just remember to wait for her at the stopsigns
wink.gif
laugh.gif

Back