Need info for a Friends Bike

SHADiGUY1

IT IS WHAT IT IS
Donating Member
Registered
Hey whats up guys a friend of mine First bike he just got a month ago 2006 Suzuki Katana 600. He just ordered a Full hindel exhaust and a jet kit. Well my question is im going to be installing his exhaust and jet kit . Was wondering if anyone has or can get a katana service guide like we have for the busas would like to look at it before doing it.

i have jetted carbs on my yamaha banshee 4 wheeler so im assuming it wont be too bad only thing that is scaring me is there is 4 carbs and obviously plan on removing and doing one at a time. Any info would be greatly appreciated ,

Damn it lol why must they have carbs !! lol. Power commanders for fuel injection is so much easier.

Please let me know asap im installing not this weekend but the following weekend. Thanks.

if it`s a dynojet kit it will have instructions..don`t separate the carbs from each other, just pull them off together and pop off the tops and bottoms and do what it says. drill the slides , change the needles/washers with e-clip usually in 3rd groove and main jet and usually drill out the idle mixture screw plug and set those. they usually give you a choice but i always put the biggest main jets in...

My wife has an 06 750. Pull the carbs together and dont separate. Just change the jets with the ones you need.

Katana still isnt even liquid cooled. Same old air/oil cooled motor from the 1800's. The only thing they ever changed was the plastic and the colors.

Great entry level bike though. And comfy
beerchug.gif

yah i got it thnks man james dont change the needles or springs or any of the other stuff?

if it`s a dynojet kit it will have instructions..don`t separate the carbs from each other, just pull them off together and pop off the tops and bottoms and do what it says. drill the slides , change the needles/washers with e-clip usually in 3rd groove and main jet and usually drill out the idle mixture screw plug and set those. they usually give you a choice but i always put the biggest main jets in...
+1 just follow the directions and you will be fine. I am pretty sure there is an katana.org board out on the web as well if you wanted to ask them.

Check out Katriders.com , they can give you definitive answers to your questions. Good folks too. Cyberpoet has been there the longest I think. The Katana engine is basically a detuned gixxer motor. I dont remember the name of the Zuk rep at the bash, but this engine is his favorite of all the zuk engines. He spoke with Juli for quite a while about her bike. I dont remember there being a whole lot to re-jetting them.

Back