Dodged a bullet this morning

BusaWhipped

Donating Member
Registered
As some of you know, I've been having problems with the Busa since the Bash. I got it back from the shop yesterday and she felt good again, but it was only a short trip. So this morning I get up early so I can take the long way into work and hit the twisties. And she's feeling fine.

Well, I wind up behind this car that can't seem to manage to make it all the way up to the speed limit. There were several nice places to pass which were double yellow, but this morning I decided to wait for the passing zone.

Well, the only passing zone on this road is a short straight between two corners. The other areas with the double yellow have much better visibility. Anyway, we come out of the first corner, I see all clear in the passing zone, and hit the throttle.

About the time I clearing the front of the car, deputy dog appears coming the other direction. Not much I could do but stay on it to complete the pass, then brake hard to try to get down to the speed limit. He was not amused. He was looking at me hard a gave a blast from the whoop-whoop siren. I thought for sure that meant he was turning around to pull me over.

But no. I watched him in the mirror until he disappeard because of the corner, and no brake lights, no flashing anything. This could have been very bad. I don't know how fast I was going when he first saw me, but you guys know how fast a Busa can accelerate from 50. whew.

Glad you dodged one bro, I'm sure you had the all too familiar heart beat in the jacket/shirt visible with the naked eye LOL. I've had that experience man, even with close calls and it feels like my heart is going to jump out of my chest onto the gas tank
SHOCKED.gif

You were "caught" in the act of making a legal pass of a slower vehicle. I would think that the LEO would have had a hard time making a ticketing situation out of it stand up in traffic court!?

(omslaw @ May 18 2007,08:23) Glad you made it thru that one!  Stay safe!
That's the irony of this all. I could have made a much safer pass in the double yellow zone. But trying to be good, and only being over the limit for a couple of seconds to minimize my time in the left lane, I almost get pinched.

(BigDawg_03Busa @ May 18 2007,08:21) Glad you dodged one bro, I'm sure you had the all too familiar heart beat in the jacket/shirt visible with the naked eye LOL.  I've had that experience man, even with close calls and it feels like my heart is going to jump out of my chest onto the gas tank  
SHOCKED.gif
Yep, that's the feeling. I hope I don't have a dent in the tank from it.
laugh.gif

Two possibilities. One he was on the way to a serious call or Two his radar would only track the larger object ( the car ). Way to use those matrix moves.
cool.gif

(CCbusa05 @ May 18 2007,08:27) You were "caught" in the act of making a legal pass of a slower vehicle. I would think that the LEO would have had a hard time making a ticketing situation out of it stand up in traffic court!?
I was "caught" violating the speed limit . Even while passing in a legal passing zone, the speed limit still applies. The deputy must have known I was only over for a second while passing the car and wanted to give me the "OK slow down now" message.

(CCbusa05 @ May 18 2007,06:27) You were "caught" in the act of making a legal pass of a slower vehicle. I would think that the LEO would have had a hard time making a ticketing situation out of it stand up in traffic court!?
It wasn't a legal pass if he had to violate the speed limit to do it. That ticket will stand up in court all day long.

Thats all?
rock.gif

When you said you dodged a bullet, I thought maybe you were gonna say the old girl was eating for 2!

beerchug.gif

(Ken02busa @ May 18 2007,10:55) Thats all?
rock.gif

When you said you dodged a bullet, I thought maybe you were gonna say the old girl was eating for 2!

beerchug.gif
That's alot. I haven't been off probation very long from the last time.

(CCbusa05 @ May 18 2007,06:27) You were "caught" in the act of making a legal pass of a slower vehicle. I would think that the LEO would have had a hard time making a ticketing situation out of it stand up in traffic court!?
no sir, you can not exceed the speed limit, not even to pass. The rule is" if you have two break the limit to pass- you don't need to pass.
Not that I'm a goodie goodie. I got stopped recently for doing about 150+ I was egged on by a kawi.

Back