Close Call This Morning.

shadetree57

Registered
My Uncle and I were riding to town this morning to get breakfast. He was leading as we came up on a railroad track close to town that I always come to a complete stop at because it's so rough. I was checking my mirror and saw an SUV coming really fast. I paniced and moved to the right side of the road hoping he would miss me if he kept coming. Luckily he woke up in time to hit the brakes but my knees still shook all the way to town. Bottom line is, Keep a close eye on those Idiots behind you that got their drivers licence from mail order. I swear, some people DO NOT need to be on the road. OK, I'm done venting now. Be carefull everyone.

I hate that feeling.. glad nothing happened.. I bet that was one of the best tasting meal's you had.. after every close call i enjoy life more. and the meal always taste's a lot better..

Well I'm glad that nothing happened...but stopping in the middle of the road ???
Posted via Mobile Device

i slow down for rr tracks too...never know where there is loose wood or pothole by the tracks

^ lol@tasting better, but seriously. I so worry about being rear ended on a bike. If people tailgate me, I try to wave them on, or I ridiculously slow down 'til they pass or I change lanes. Because if traffics stops quickly (as often here in stop and go traffic) I'd be toast. And so while sitting at lights and I see a car coming in hot, I'm on pins and needles flicking my brakes. Glad that was just a "it could have happened" vs the alternative.

i slow down for rr tracks too...never know where there is loose wood or pothole by the tracks

I slow down too but the poster said he came to a complete stop. But he is out there looking at the tracks I would imagine he would be the best judge on how bad they are how best to cross.

Have had that happen before when you hear the terrible sound behind you of tires locking up...One of the first things I do is put a back off break light on any bike and watch very carefully those behind me.

i've been rear ended by a cadillac that was going 35mph.

it really wasn't that bad, it was like being launched out of the seat way too fast, sore neck for 3 days, but it was really the best way to get hit it seemed.

i've been rear ended by a cadillac that was going 35mph.

it really wasn't that bad, it was like being launched out of the seat way too fast, sore neck for 3 days, but it was really the best way to get hit it seemed.
You make it sound kinda nice :laugh: Reminds me of that scene from European Vacation with Chevy Chase, where he keeps running over the poor British guy on the bike, the guys got arteries severed , blood pumping , but he keeps jumping up saying "I'm okay! its just a scratch", "don't worry about me, enjoy your vacation, a bandaid here, a strip of gauze there and I'll be dandy".
Are you British? :laugh:
On a side note, I'm stil not sure why the op would come to a complete stop in front of traffic on an open highway? At least start slowing down way ahead of time then pick your way across the tracks....don't just stop in front of people on an open stretch of road, thats asking to get hit ??? Still glad you made it through without getting hit though :thumbsup: just watch out next time, folks are always in a hurry, they'll run you down just to get past you :banghead:

Back