Do you ride with a friend?

Hummmmmmmmmmmmm
sadnews.gif
, I never ride with anyone and really don't plan to
winkold.gif
. Why
dunno.gif
, because I'am either alot faster than they are (and I'am not going to slow down just so they can keep up) or they're alot faster than me (and I'am not going to speed up just to keep up with them) ! I Guess, I'am just the LONE RIDER
laugh.gif

It's surprising how many of you sport ride on the weekends without a small group, at least. Do any of you lone rangers do anything to help others help you in case of emergency. i.e.----dogtag with blood type and name. Or a patch on your leathers, just for a few examples. This might be a good opportunity for someone to postup their good ideas with things like this. Lamb, for one, does not do this. It will be his mission to have something along these lines by the socal ride in May. Thanks for the input. Keep 'em coming. That Marine is lucky..........real lucky!

I seldom ride with anyone much less a group (rarely) but I do carry $500,000 in accidental death insurance for my kids, just in case.

I ride, sometimes with a couple of close friends, sometimes with a small group. I always carry a laminated card with phone numbers in my wallet. I also let family know about when I am going to be back, if it is going to be later I call. Nothing worse than being home and worring when someone does not show up when you expect them to.

Do any of you lone rangers do anything to help others help you in case of emergency.  i.e.----dogtag with blood type and name.  Or a patch on your leathers,  just for a few examples.  This might be a good opportunity for someone to postup their good ideas with things like this.
I ride by myself 99.9% of the time.

LAMB...That's a REALLY GOOD idea !!! That's something I'm going to have to do !!!

Just something I have done....In your cell phone do you have your wife or GF as the first person you see whn you open your contacts? Label them as wife or GF.....That way if you go down and some one finds you....they may find your cell phone...open your contacts and see "Wife"....they are most likely going to call that before anyother contact in your phone. I hope it makes sense.

To ride with Buds
One must first HAVE Buds.

Hence, I ride alone.

Maybe I should change my handle to " The Lone Raider"
biggrin.gif

pirate.gif
Raider out.
P1560

Always ride w/ a group, or my Wife. AustinSBR.com / TexasSBR.com
Have info card that sticks on helmet w/ all necessary emergency info.

I prefer to ride alone. I keep emergency contacts in my jacket pocket and on my cell phone. I also give my wife my general riding route.

One of the guys I ride with called me about this Marine and he is in the same unit as him. He went down saturday afternoon so he was in the canyon for about 36 hours with a broken neck and his eye socket damaged. When he gets more info he will let me know. I swear I truely believe in miracles.

The only time I ride alone is if I ride to work and home, Other than that I always ride in a group.

l_8e64873db02a717d5558bd7b65904c13.jpg

Back