Do you ride with a friend?

Lamb busa

50 warming to 70 again
Donating Member
Registered
Injured Marine found in canyon after motorcycle crash

UNION-TRIBUNE BREAKING NEWS TEAM

3:05 p.m. April 21, 2008

PALOMAR MOUNTAIN "“ A Marine whom authorities believe crashed his motorcycle Saturday evening was found in a canyon Monday morning.
A bicyclist riding on South Grade Road spotted a motorcycle down the side of the hill near the 3,000 foot-level marker just after 10 a.m., said Officer Eric Newbury of the California Highway Patrol.

Next to the motorcycle was Adam R. Cole, a 26-year-old Marine, of Temecula. Cole, who is stationed in Camp Pendleton, was off-duty and was likely heading home when he crashed, Newbury said.

He suffered major head injuries and hurt his right arm and left foot. He wasn't able to call for help. Newbury said Cole was conscious when medics arrived Monday but hasn't been able to give officers a detailed account of the crash.

"He was so out of it, we don't really know when the accident happened,"￾ Newbury said. "We believe it was at least 24 hours before he was found."￾

Cole was riding a 2002 Suzuki GSXR1000 motorcycle north on South Grade Road at an unknown speed. He was flown to Palomar Medical Center and is expected to recover.

Wow! Scary stuff.

Lamb almost always recreation rides with a buddy. For this very reason, what say you?

I only ride with people when in my estimation the chance of me picking them out of the ditch is less than or equal to the chance of them picking me out of the ditch.

Hence I mostly ride alone.
laugh.gif

cheers
ken

wow never really thought about it Lamb.... sure will now... thanks a lot....... really I mean it, thanks....

rock.gif

I ride alone alot. Today I got to go for a three hour ride. I'm 60 miles from home and I come around a corner and to my surprise there is about 10 cows standing in the road. Good thing I'm keeping plenty in reserve. My encounter with the buck last fall has spooked me some. Good thing too!
SHOCKED.gif

I ride alone alot. Today I got to go for a three hour ride. I'm 60 miles from home and I come around a corner and to my surprise there is about 10 cows standing in the road. Good thing I'm keeping plenty in reserve. My encounter with the buck last fall has spooked me some. Good thing too!
SHOCKED.gif
COWS IN THE MIDDLE OF THE ROAD?!!!

Hey...

Free milk.

cheers
ken

I prefer to ride with buds but since that isn't always possible I would rather ride alone than not ride at all.

Palomar Mountain is like the Deal's Gap of San Diego. A lot of biker's go that way on weekend rides for the twisties. I never rode it but I know a lot of people who have and they say every time they go up with a group, somebody's going down. I'm very glad he's alright though. He was quite a ways from home from Camp Pendleton if I remember correctly.

SHOCKED.gif

Hey...

Free milk.

cheers
ken
and steak, and new riding leather!
laugh.gif

SHOCKED.gif

Hey...

Free milk.

cheers
ken
laugh.gif

Wow!!   24hrs in a ditch and it gets COLD up on that mountain this time of year!

I'd always rather ride with a buddy for this very reason.  Problem is I'm off on Tuesdays and Wednesdays and starting next week Mondays and Tuesdays.  So everyone else is at work...

Another reason trackdays are soo awesome.  If you crash, an ambulance is there in seconds.

Here's the road, its an awesome ride. And its VERY steep with mountain on one side and a cliff on the other.

qp.jpg

I never rode it but I know a lot of people who have and they say every time they go up with a group, somebody's going down. I'm very glad he's alright though. He was quite a ways from home from Camp Pendleton if I remember correctly.
I think its about an hour from Camp Pendleton.

I've ridden Palomar many many times. But out of 6 big group rides, 2 of them had 1 crasher. 1 out every 3 big group rides, not the best of odds.

SHOCKED.gif

Hey...

Free milk.

cheers
ken
laugh.gif
I like you.

You funny!

laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

cheers
ken

laugh.gif

laugh.gif

laugh.gif

I never rode it but I know a lot of people who have and they say every time they go up with a group, somebody's going down. I'm very glad he's alright though. He was quite a ways from home from Camp Pendleton if I remember correctly.
I think its about an hour from Camp Pendleton.

I've ridden Palomar many many times. But out of 6 big group rides, 2 of them had 1 crasher. 1 out every 3 big group rides, not the best of odds.

Back