Do you ride to work not matter what ?

MR Felt

Registered
Supposed to be storms and rain tomorrow. I have been
dodging the rain all season. I got wet once. I rode last year until the 2nd week in December. When the roads get frosty it's time to hang it up.
Nothing pisses me off worse than not riding the bike to work and then the day turns out great. :banghead:

I like to ride to work but starting up a turbo busa with dump pipes at 4am is not recieved to well. So I rarely ride to work anymore.

I rarely ride to work. I'd love to do it more often, but I work from 1730 to 0600. Sometimes I'm just plain worn out by time to go home, and I wouldn't want to be sleepy and riding home in the dark for 29 miles. :dozingoff:

I always ride to work if a) its not raining hard when I leave (costs me 1-2 days per year) and b) the roads are not ice/snow covered (costs me ~60 days per year, last year ~90). Having the Strom helps allot because I don't want to slop up the Busa with salt spray & dirty water. There was a time when I listened to the weather and went by that, wasted far too many days. I check radar and "route around" red & yellow weather. Welcome to Weather Underground : Weather Underground is great. I like the "storm chasing" on the Strom and it is the best air ever. Busa is fine in the weather as well, just newer & I don't want to rip up bearings and corrode cases like I have on the Strom. My commute is only 40 mins. So I am not wet through in moderate rain "high humidity" :laugh:

I don't have a running car so I don't really have a choice. If I open the garage door and it's raining, I suit up with the froggs toggs and Im on my way.

I ride as much as I can... and usually to work everyday. Only time is when it rains in the morning. I dont like getting to work soaked, and then getting back into wet clothes at the end of the day. Now if it rains on the way home and I get soaked... not to bad! Dry clothes waiting at home and a shower to feel better!

yep, ride everyday rain or shine...

And it's florida so it's shine, then rain, then more rain...then more rain...more ra....

Every single day unless it's pouring when I need to leave. Got dumped on good on the way home today in fact!

I ride to work but do not care to ride in rain although I will. Ride in winter unless we have ice and fog, there I draw the line and drive the Tacoma.

I used to. :thumbsup:

133_3344.jpg

133_3344.jpg

Only reason I don't ride in the rain to work is because I put my laptop on my back. Other than that I ride as much as I can. More especially now that my sister wrecked my car and I don't have a way to get to or from work w/o borrowing a friends escape... And nothing against them, I'm just not an escape type of guy. lol.. so even another excuse to ride. Going to invest in to some rain gear and cold weather gear soon.. (being that it don't get too cold down here often)

when i was younger i rode my 77 Kz750b chopper to university all winter long. i would go out and shovel off the kick starter, kick it over a few times (as the electric starter didn't have the umph in the cold) and fire it up, let it melt out of the snow drift for a 1/2 hour. then i would ride through up to a foot of snow and slush to class. about a year of that and i built a jeep. riding in the snow because you have to sucks:rulez: but riding in the snow for fun a blast:thumbsup:
i take a new years day ride every year. this last year it took 20min to get the buss through the snowdrifts and to the road, then another 20min back in afterwards. only fell down once. totaly worth it!:laugh:

Some of you guys are pretty hardcore!:bowdown:
30 years ago(I'm 53 now) I would ride all winter even in the snow but I only lived 5 miles from work and rode a '82 Yamaha XT550 with knobbies. Now I'm living 32 miles from work and check the weather every morning and if there's more than a 50% chance of rain I don't ride-just hate cleaning it after a rain. And as far as the cold, I snowmobile in -20F so that's not an issue but I really don't like the lack of traction on the busa when it gets under 40. And October and November are dangerous months because of all the deer here here Michigan.

Rain is a show stopper

Because the locals freak out the 10 or so days it rains here. AND the roads flood real bad

Sent from my HERO200 using Tapatalk

I'll ride to class at 7:30 am in rain or shine. I prefer the shine, but as long as I get to ride a little. I'm a happy camper. lol

Back