Do YOU remember what it felt like?

FalconTamer1970

Registered
A few blurred and meaningless days ago, something incredible happened to me. After months of searching, running through a stack of ebay scammers, and a long list of wild goose chases I was beginning to think that a used 'busa was a unicorn or something. I sat on my first one in a local cycle showroom and got the price for a leftover '05--10k plus tax.
This was NOT really in my budget, but I knew when I straddled this wild bird, something stirred in me. Imagine how surreal it felt when I found one only days later- a new listing in the local classifieds(only 7k). Four days ago, I held onto this wild thing and carefully aimed her towards home. A limited edition Midnight Falcon (2003-ridiculous amount of never used extras) was under me and surging so swiftly towards it's 320th mile. She had scared her owner(who kept her in his house since buying new) early on with the sheer defining force that is only Hayabusa. I fought to keep RPMs under break-in range since she hadn't yet hit her 500 mile mark. Newly uncaged, and adrenalized I'm not sure which of us was fully in control.. and part of me didn't care. It was 17 degrees and like a fool, I had forgot my leathers at home-I never felt a thing. There is now a wild falcon in my garage, tethered to the ground only by a battery tender I think. This is the only place anyone would understand any of this and it has been such of wonderful resource during my search. Thanks guys!

Know the feeling. Welcome to the board. Put up a pic when you get a chance.

Just wondering, is it a Canadian model? The Midnight Falcon was a '02 model in the US and a '03 model in Canada. Reguardless, congrats & post up some pics of the fastest color!!
cool.gif
biggrin.gif

I am with ya on all of it....
congrates and welcome to the board and the obsession...

Pics... pics... pics... the chant begins....
tounge.gif

You did find a unicorn of sorts, a clean, low mileage "Midnight Falcon" 02'LE.

Nice score!

I most certainly do,the second I twisted the throttle and heard that lovely spooling sound,life will never be the same! Velocity Baby!
smile.gif

*cry*
sad.gif

It was a wonderful feeling and almost brought tears to my eyes, I was so happy.

WELCOME TO THE FAMILY
moped.gif
race.gif

All of us here understand your feelings completely. And yes, outside the confines of this board, there aren't many that can fully comprehend the passion that we feel towards our two wheeled wonders.

Great 1st post!

Congrats on the find!!

Welcome to the board...
beerchug.gif

Very cool Post - Congrats on the find & welcome to the forum. What were you riding before the Busa?

Yup, exact same feeling for me. Just got to try and keep the throttle under control. Mine likes to open itself up (at least that is what I told my fiance
biggrin.gif
).

Back