Do they really work or is it all a big con!!!

Yes, they do remove the top speed restriction because it runs the 5th gear map in 6th gear. 6th gear is the computer electronic speed limiter. Some have reported smoother operation in lower gears, but I couldnt tell a difference with my bike.

Batten down the hatches, there is a storm brewing!

Just kidding, but I think TRE's are the most controversial subject on here.

It worked for me and here is another thread to check:

https://www.hayabusa.org/forum/busa-problems/102639-hesitates-chokes-2200-rpm.html

I use an Ivan's TRE, and I don't know about the one you linked to.

Good point, I dont about the one on Ebay either. I have a GIPro with a TRE, but my bike did already have a TRE installed when I put the GIPro on.

Just get a switchable derestictor from Boost by smith for $30.00. he is a sponsor here.

..they say it is made by Suzuki.......the box says made in the UK.???
How does more torque improve drivability?

I had a switched TRE on my SV1000S. Living in Canada, we get some pretty cold start ups. With the TRE ENGAGED, on a cold start, the bike did not want to run right. All of that went away once normal operating temperature was reached, thus the reason for the switched version.
As stated above, the TRE sends a signal to the ECU that the bike is in 5th gear. This may mess with high speed top gear mapping. I could never test it myself. Where I did notice a bit of a difference is in the bottom 2 gears. The first 2 on the SV also have the timing retarded to stop all of the power available from making it to the back wheel until you are in a higher gear.
I am 6'6" and 250lbs. and could THROTTLE UP 2nd gear wheelies to my hearts content with NO problem.
It does not MAKE more power, but maybe makes it more accessible... if that makes sense at all.

Hi guys & girls, can anyone advise me on this product. Do they really work or is it a big con. You thoughts and advice will be greatly appreciated.
Thanks
Recce
TRE GSX1400 TL1000 DL1000 SV1000 GSXR 600 1000 HAYABUSA on eBay, also Exhausts, Performance Tuning, Accessories, Motorcycle Parts Accessories, Cars, Parts Vehicles (end time 29-May-09 01:35:05 BST)

They work, but is really just a bandaide. How about if you are interested in one, i will sell you a barely used one for $5.00 + shipping, that way if you are not happy with results you are not out alot of money. The crappy thing about them is that is shows you are in 5th gear ALL the time, yes it does run better, IMO, that I noticed, but as said in other replies each has their own story about them......

They work, but is really just a bandaide. How about if you are interested in one, i will sell you a barely used one for $5.00 + shipping, that way if you are not happy with results you are not out alot of money. The crappy thing about them is that is shows you are in 5th gear ALL the time, yes it does run better, IMO, that I noticed, but as said in other replies each has their own story about them......

Thanks for the offer dude, but i came on here to get opinions and i think you have all answered my question. The busa is bad enough on its own:bowdown:

Cheers for the help guys

Recce

All I'm going to say is after multiple top speed runs (same road - same conditions) using the GI PRO w/ Smart TRE my "indicated" top speed was 7 mph faster than without it.

Back