Do I really need this wrench?

Btw, I've never bought one, but isn't that K&N with the nut on it almost double the price? For a nut welded on? ???

I did the same thing. Drove all the way to buy the thing, just to find out I cant get a wrench on it :banghead:

Btw, I've never bought one, but isn't that K&N with the nut on it almost double the price? For a nut welded on? ???

I can't remember what I paid for the stock filter, but double would make it pretty expensive!

1 14mm crush washer and a decent torque wrench for the drain bolt! Torque is 16.5 ft lbs. Too many " I stripped my oil pan" threads here already.

What is a crush washer? You would think Zuke could put a steel insert in instead of using aluminum threads. I've seen the steel into aluminum in all the bikes I've ever seen.

crush washer is around the drain plug, just another measure to help make sure there are no leaks. My dealer usually just tosses one into the box but I think they are like $1 otherwise. Its good to replace it, when you see a new one vs the one on there you'll figure it out :thumbsup:

Back