Oil filter wrench

Tiresmoke

Registered
Hey, all.  Last time I changed the oil/filter, I used the strap/band-type filter wrench and it boogers up the filter.  Anyone have an online source for the right wrench to fit the end of the filter and hook up with a ratchet?  And while I'm asking... anyone have a good source online for cheap oil filters?

I just want to deal with someone cheap and reliable since I always seem to get burnt dealing online with new companies.

Thanks

<!--EDIT|Tiresmoke
Reason for Edit: None given...|1079536129 -->

Why not just go to yer local auto parts store and get a decent strap wrench (non metal type) and by yer filters at yer local bike shop?
rock.gif

The proper suzuki part cost me like $10 (Canadian)... live a little and splurge on it!  It's tight in there as it is, best to use the right tool.. and my suggestion is to NEVER use anything other than a genuine Suzuki oil filter.

<!--EDIT|Haywood
Reason for Edit: None given...|1079538955 -->

Banner1.jpg

Totally agree with MSF and Haywood.    My Busa gets nothin but the best.

i just use a belt.. regular old belt like you'd wear around your waist.. a leather one though.. you can put more than enough torque on it to get it on, and get it tightened to spec.

Um, K&N Filters come with a smaller normal bolt fitting grafted onto the top. Might make things easier, though I don't know if the filters are worth a damn... but I got my standard Suzuki filter wrench at the dealership for like $10....

Back