Discussion. Would you do this with your kid?

Blanca BusaLess

Suffers from PBSD
Donating Member
Registered
Saw this a few moments ago.

62908ad3.jpg

So, in Florida there is no helmet law. You do have to register scooters though. I'm not sure how old the child was either. All I could hear and see was the officer pointing to the helmet and the kid saying something like 'that ain't right!' . Notice mom has kids scooter between her legs in a nice matching blue :laugh:
As she pulled away she looked over at us and screamed '$160 DOLLARS!!!'
Have no idea what he wrote her for but me personally I think ? Well I :dunno: what I think :)

NO WAY! My little girl will be on bikes and four wheelers from a young age...but she will have a helmet and gear!
Kids trust their parents, think they're invincible, and just don't know any better.
I'm no gear nazi either, I ride in full leathers... or a helmet, t-shirt and shorts.
But that's my right as an adult to choose. It's also my responsibility as a dad to keep my child safe! She'll get her share of bumps and bruises, it's good for them.
But putting them on a paved road with no protection at all, especially with the idiots we dodge almost daily is just stupid.
I hope that $160 ticket was for no helmet on the kid's head, and that it burned the parent's pocket enough to where they won't do it again.

does FL have a helmet law for ppl under 18? thats pretty common even in states with no helmet law like CT. I would think thats wat he wrote her for.

The fine should have been way worse. I think all states say under 18 must ware a helmet.

Sent from my SCH-I510 using Tapatalk

The fine should have been way worse. I think all states say under 18 must ware a helmet.

Sent from my SCH-I510 using Tapatalk

Most States/ Illinois has NO helemt laws at all. Not under 18, no medical insurance requirment nothing. Any age can ride a motorcycle or scooter without a helmet for any reason. Yet they are the only state without concealed carry. Go figure

Psh my lil girl (she's 8) askes my now if she can ride on my bike. Nope, h*ll no. Not until you are older. It's one thing to risk my life on my bike, it's another to risk her life with all the low life's on the road.

Most States/ Illinois has NO helemt laws at all. Not under 18, no medical insurance requirment nothing. Any age can ride a motorcycle or scooter without a helmet for any reason. Yet they are the only state without concealed carry. Go figure

What does concealed carry permit have to do with anything related?

In the forward thinking progressive state of SC we have no helmet law so to speak as long as you are 17 years of age. Eye protection is required :laugh: I haven't read up on it but they just passed a law named after a child that died riding an ATV. I think it requires anyone under 17 to take an accredited operator training course, and wear full gear.

What does concealed carry permit have to do with anything related?

just showing that they are the most liberal over protective state in the nation yet they do not have a helmet law of any kind. Sorry for the confusion

Around the block in my quiet neighborhood at 5 MPH on my Harley, Yes. Otherwise, no way...

just showing that they are the most liberal over protective state in the nation yet they do not have a helmet law of any kind. Sorry for the confusion

TNX. I'm not the quickest on the draw... It's sunday & I had to work= a little burnt...:whistle:

Illinios, Iowa and New Hampshire are the only 3 states with NO law about helmets. Just and FYI

Missouri has a full helmet law, but it doesn't apply to the 49cc scooters. I have seen early teen kids, boys and girls both (2 up most of the time), no helmets, buzzing along fast moving, 4 lane city streets here in Springfield. Perfectly legal. These are streets I won't ride the Busa on. Crazy.

does FL have a helmet law for ppl under 18? thats pretty common even in states with no helmet law like CT. I would think thats wat he wrote her for.

Florida law makes it mandatory for people under 21, they are required to wear a helmet and not carry a passenger.
They even have a special plate that states 'under 21' in red letters

Back