Discouraged, Disapointed & Damaged

I have the redline swivel stands and also the Pitbull front stand like in the pics above. I have never had a problem using the pitbull with the redline rear stand. Just make sure the wheels are unlocked on the redline stand and that they floor is clear to allow the wheels to roll forward while the front end is lifted. I can get my bike up on the stands in a matter of minutes by myself. Once you do it yourself a couple of times you will get the hang of it. Also make sure your bike is all the way up on the stands before starting maintenance.

never had your problem get mine up all the time and roll it around on the stands it does pull it just a little but never had a problem and never had to dismantle the bike to get the front stand in there

Did you over-torque the rear wheels on the rear stand, or something ?.  There's really no reason the front shouldn't have gone straight-up.  John let me borrow his, and it's the kind that lifts on the bottom of the shock near the axle.  Many times, I rotated it, and the front went up with not even a hint of imbalance.......Unless the lack of weight, from the wheel, on the rear stand caused it to pivot
rock.gif
??.......ya' think
rock.gif
?.....

rock.gif

If you're on carpet, it seems the wheels on the rear stand aren't going to work right.

I still preach the gospel of Cycle Cat rear stand. Here's my wife using hers. <object width="425" height="355"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/r-ZIO3B-zws"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/r-ZIO3B-zws" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355"></embed></object>

You can do it with one finger! When you're done, the handle is removable so you aren't tripping all over it.

Go ahead! Try it!

--Wag--

I wouldn't have a bike without a hard stand
rock.gif
Ok maybe an 08 Busa! I hear they can't be mounted on the 07 or 08 Any know for sure?

Picture_010.jpg

05busale came over with his NEW pitbull front stand as i have a back stand to install my alth disc from www.oncycles.com .he had a problem reinstalling the front axle as to the fork SLIPPING down a little off the front stand pegs. luckily we caught it in time and readjusted.

Problem was the rear stand did not roll-perhaps debris on the floor chocking against the wheels?

I have used rear stand many times, can roll bike around the garage with it and no problems.

Sorry to hear about the problems.

WHen I first used my stands, I had my daughter help me so to insure it did not drop. Once the rear was up, I could put the front on by myself, but I am not sure if the bike moved. I did notice, that I can grab the rear stand and pull my bike around.

I use T-Rex, bought 'em on the group buy not too far off..

Trust your instincts more than someone else's word. You are the one doing the work and know what's really going on.

sorry to hear about your problems yesterday...i've got the redline stands and have never experienced anything like that...i have to agree with others that something must have kept the rear stand wheels from rolling so it could adjust while the front of the bike went up...i hope you can get it figured out since being able to put your bike up on stands really helps with everything from maintenance to cleaning
beerchug.gif

IMG_0778__Large_.JPG

I usually take the rear seat or hump off and heave it onto the rear stand while holding the plastics along the rear rim of the "trunk". For the front wheel I take a small hydraulic jack with a folded up towel or t-shirt and place it under the oil pan drain to lift and pull the front wheel. Can handle that all by myself, I do weigh 260lbs so it helps with leverage on the non-spooled rear stand.

Back