discount helmets?

RACER_X

Registered
looking to get another helmet

have the new ben spies HJC lined up, but it's hard to pay $450 for an HJC

still considering shoei x-12 ($650) or rf1100 ($470) both thru local cyclegear
just not as keen on their paintjobs as arai's

have had arai since i started riding, can't justify $800 for corsair for as little as i ride nowadays, i always bought yr end closeouts, but i can't find them anymore.

where are some places w/ good prices on higher end helmets?

I shopped till I dropped and got my new shoei rf1100 for 349 from a division of competition accessories. Place was called helmet 'something'. If you go to comp access page you should see link. Either them or ebay is the cheapest , believe me and save your time .

looking to get another helmet

have the new ben spies HJC lined up, but it's hard to pay $450 for an HJC

still considering shoei x-12 ($650) or rf1100 ($470) both thru local cyclegear
just not as keen on their paintjobs as arai's

have had arai since i started riding, can't justify $800 for corsair for as little as i ride nowadays, i always bought yr end closeouts, but i can't find them anymore.

where are some places w/ good prices on higher end helmets?

I feel your pain, i've been shopping around myself. Stopped by the local shop yesterday, and the guy told me he would make a great deal if I bought one now (they are really slow). I told him I am going to the bike show Sat. and want to see the helmet in person before I order one. Normally they take 20% of during their sales so I'm assuming he will take at least 20-30% (that's like $200+ bucks off from a $850 Arai Corsair V helmet). Anyways if you want I can ask him, "what if I buy 2 helmets, will he take more off? Just make sure you know which helmet you want, I will ask him Monday.

I shopped till I dropped and got my new shoei rf1100 for 349 from a division of competition accessories. Place was called helmet 'something'. If you go to comp access page you should see link. Either them or ebay is the cheapest , believe me and save your time .

Probably helmet harbor? I think its helmetharbor.com
Pretty good deals.
DennisKirk.com also does some pretty good closeout prices. :thumbsup:
I bought an HJC AC-12 there last fall for $60! With free shipping! I only use that helmet for my communicator headset (I didn't want to cut into my Arai) but its a pretty nice helmet.

Cautions on Arai:

1. All the low-priced (relative term) Arai's I've found were over 2 years old (ask seller for the date stamped on strap). Problem iss, some tracks/schools don't allow helmets 5 year old, so you might save now but then have to spend another $400 in a couple years.

2. Arai-US previously stated on their site that they wouldn't honor warranties on internet sales.

If anyone knows of source for lower cost new Arai Profile that are not two years old, that would be great

Last edited:
call todd mintess? at helmet harbor. he cannot advertise below the Minimum Advertised Price (MAP) for arai and shoei. give em a call it can be up to 23% below MSRP.

about CompACC another great store. got my Arai corair V jolly rogers for 429 shipped a back in 09.

Back