Did this school in Ok go a bit too far or not ?

What ever happened to the good ol days , when LIL Johnny was able to take his .22 to school for show and tell?? It seems the bigger the Gov, gets the Dumber society gets and the more control it takes.. Remember the Kid not too long ago that got arrested in school for eating another kids Chicken Nuggets ? The other kid didnt want them so he gave them away ( he got them under the free lunch program) the kid that ate them got arrested in School.

Culumbine and the hundreds of other kids killed at schools. If you mean dumber by wanting to act out some video game or movie scene instead of going toe to toe, then I totally agree.

Saying that hundreds of kids have been killed at school by guns is just a little excessive.

If you notice, most of these kids are the ones that have "slipped through the cracks," or in other words largely ignored in society. Isolation - however that is perceived - does a nasty thing to a social creature such as a human.

I really hate black and white laws, laws should be interpreted. A small, plastic GI Joe gun is NOT what is meant by "no guns in school."

I also hate the standardization, or dumbing down, of our school systems. Those "tests" are really created for the lowest common denominator.

I don't know too much about this topic, but I do find it interesting that guns have been around for hundreds of years now, pistols for a century, and only in the passed quarter of a century have we seen gun related violence in schools. Whatever you do - don't blame it on Doom.

Saying that hundreds of kids have been killed at school by guns is just a little excessive.

If you notice, most of these kids are the ones that have "slipped through the cracks," or in other words largely ignored in society. Isolation - however that is perceived - does a nasty thing to a social creature such as a human.

I really hate black and white laws, laws should be interpreted. A small, plastic GI Joe gun is NOT what is meant by "no guns in school."

I also hate the standardization, or dumbing down, of our school systems. Those "tests" are really created for the lowest common denominator.

I don't know too much about this topic, but I do find it interesting that guns have been around for hundreds of years now, pistols for a century, and only in the passed quarter of a century have we seen gun related violence in schools. Whatever you do - don't blame it on Doom.

Hundreds is actually a low estimate. Kids didn't start gettng killed at school with Culumbine. In places like New Orleans, New York, Detroit and LA, kids have been getting killed or shot at school since the 60s. One kid getting killed at an inner-city school doesn't get the press coverage like a shooting rampage, so alot of them went unnoticed by the general public. As a kid I can rember them putting metal detectors at schools in New Orleans after one school had 4 kids killed in a month.

I personnaly think the school have gone overboard, but they are just following what the rest of the country has done since 9/11. Everybody is expecting and preparing for the worste case scenerio.

Once again the problem is not schools....

Zero Tolerance programs, are the result of parents of out of control kids bringing legal action against teachers, principals and school districts that try to deal with problems.

The problem has to do with a larger problem in our country.....the dis-respect of law, rules and others. This has been going on since the 60's, generation after generation of children raised on the ideal that "the rules don't apply to me".

Then you add into it the "entltlement" that pervades our everyday lives and this is what you get.

If you read the article it states...the child was warned at the beginning of the year, he was also warned a second time that this was not acceptable behaviour. Now has been punished, wow 1 day.

If you read what his mother says, you can see the problem starts at home.

"But I don't think a 7-year old has that kind of cognitive ability to be able to decipher what play is appropriate in play situations." Lydia Riley, mother...

really? your 7 year old does not know that there are different rules for different places. He is too stupid to realize that what you do in the playground you cannot do at church?

Teachers, and LEO's have to do things that most of us could not....and you will never understand how hard it is until you actually spend time doing the job.

Back