Hollywood is killing the gun community

yamahor

DEAD MAN WALKING
Donating Member
Registered
So, I saw the trailer for the movie "Wanted" and I thought "Wow, how many people are going to get killed trying to 'curve the bullet' around one of their friends heads?" Then it dawned on me. We have enough dumb people that try stunts from movies thinking they can do it with no consequences (remember all the morons that tried to drive their Civics under tractor trailer's after "The fast and the furious" and consequently ended up decapitated or just in a wreck and in bad shape?). Well, I'm wondering how many gun related deaths are caused by morons that try gun tricks from movies? You know the liberals won't say "So and so died of a gun inflicted wound because they were too dumb to realize the trick they were trying was from a MOVIE! Darwinism works folks!" No, they'll use it to try and ban guns because "guns are evil and kill people, the people that don't know how to handle them or pull the trigger aren't at fault, it's the guns themselves". Yes folks, Hollywood is killing our society. Not all of it is bad, but as WWJD pointed in his post, Juno comes out and next thing you know a group of girls vow to get pregnant... Parents and the school system have failed. Hollywood now raises todays children. Too many parents could care less what their child does as long as it doesn't affect them... But when it affects them, oh no, something has to be done before it's too late... GUESS WHAT?! It IS too late!
To any parents that may read this, raise your children right and make sure they know the difference between right and wrong. Don't let them grow up to be another statistic that tried the latest stunt from "Jackass 12: Lets see how many try this!", let them know they aren't invincible. Let them know that actions do have consequences. Let them know how much it takes to raise a child, both money wise and physically. And teach them guns aren't evil, but they aren't toys either. Much like driving, gun use is a HUGE responsibility.
Working in a gas station, I daily see first hand the effects of not paying attention to your child and letting Hollywood and rap raise them. It ain't a pretty sight where these kids are headed. When you hold an old lady up at gun point for an X-Box, your life doesn't have much else left for a place to go, and I can guarantee Mommy and Daddy didn't pay enough attention to what was going on before hand (yes, one of the locals did this).
This post has kinda gotten off topic of my original intent, but it's too long to go back and delete, so please, discuss.

Nothing works better to teach someone how fragile life is than to put them in a carotid choke and block off all blood flow to the brain.

As they begin to lose the ability to fight and they slowly see their vision fade into blackness, it is then at that moment they realize at any given time they are only minutes away from death.

And when you face death and its reality, it provides you with a greater appreciation for life which in turn tends to calm one down and have more forgiveness for others.

So to summarize, the next time your child gets in your face or thinks they are invincible, just put them in a carotid choke for about 30 seconds (anything more might cause permanent brain damage) when they wake up they will have a healthier appreciation for life.

Just sayin

I was raised around guns my entire life.  I shot my first .22 pistol at about 6 years old.  If the parents are scared of guns, the child will never learn the proper way to handle one or the impact they have on what they are pointed at.  I was never allowed to play with toy guns, probably due to the amount of real guns that were in the house.  My daughter is 4 years old now and I have never even shown her my guns, but I will someday let her shoot one when she is ready.  The movies make curious kids want to try what they have never been able to do or thought of doing before.  If kids are not raised right, they will grow up and not raise their kids right, etc......

Nothing works better to teach someone how fragile life is than to put them in a carotid choke and block off all blood flow to the brain.

As they begin to lose the ability to fight and they slowly see their vision fade into blackness, it is then at that moment they realize at any given time they are only minutes away from death.

And when you face death and its reality, it provides you with a greater appreciation for life which in turn tends to calm one down and have more forgiveness for others.

So to summarize, the next time your child gets in your face or thinks they are invincible, just put them in a carotid choke for about 30 seconds (anything more might cause permanent brain damage) when they wake up they will have a healthier appreciation for life.

Just sayin
laugh.gif
My dog would probably kill me while I was trying it and then I would be the stupid one.

Just sayin
rofl.gif
Darrell did this to his nephew who kept tryin to kick him in the ballz and choke him

Too bad he ended up passing out and hitting his face on the ground and broke his nose.... taught him never to do that again!

rofl.gif
Darrell did this to his nephew who kept tryin to kick him in the ballz and choke him

Too bad he ended up passing out and hitting his face on the ground and broke his nose.... taught him never to do that again!
Works well doesn't it
laugh.gif

yeah I have had to do it to a few people. It is amazing the epiphany that a person will have during this experiencing providing them with a better understanding of the universe and obtaining an increased amount of personal respect for the person who applies this approach
biggrin.gif

bullet curving - yeah good point. Do you guys remember that movie where the college guys laid on the white lines on a busy freeway with cars rushing by... do you remember the news reports of idiot kids actually going out and doing that? Life imitates art

I keep hearing "yeah, well, we cant blame the movies" but in fact we should. Because no matter how good the parents are, the MOVIES are what give kids the ideas to be stupid. Even good kids get these stupid ideas. toss a little teen pressure in, and good kids do things against their "Proper, well adjusted, upbringing". Trust me, I know about that personally

but crappers! I like good movies too, and don't want them to be neutered, but if PARENTS aren;t doing their part, what is the solution? Higher ratings? Make G and PG about the same and R no one under 18 and ENFORCE that law?

I dunno. If Hollywood would start churning out GOOD and maybe even, dare I say it, POSITIVE movies, maybe there could be enough of those to make a good difference.

A good proportion of us on this site were raised in what some call the " Cowboy Years". Seemed a good amount of weekly T.V. shows were about the daily strife in the 1890's.. Except for Roy Rogers/ Skyking (never was too sure about those), but alas the commmon enticement in every show was when they pulled their " Sixshooters /hoglegs " out of their holsters and commenced to shooting it up.
Stores sold replicas of said ..gun and gunbelt so as "lads" we could walk around and "play cowboy". If you didn't care to play that.. "cops and robbers"( good guys / bad guys ) were next on the list or, "let's make teams".. was always a thought tossed out by someone.
As far as the "Replica Guns" were.. you could get everything from a knock off.. Sixshooter to a Colt.45, Luger or a Tommygun.. be it a "capgun" or a "waterpistol" and most of them looked "Real".
As a child we were given certain Do's and Dont's by our parents.. When/Where and with Whom, and lets not forget At whom we "pointed those guns".. never at strangers was a common heard voice.
..K.
thumb_up.gif

So I shall use Yamahor's sentence about where responsibility lies (To any parents that may read this, raise your children right and make sure they know the difference between right and wrong. Don't let them grow up to be another statistic that tried the latest stunt from "Jackass 12: Lets see how many try this!", let them know they aren't invincible. Let them know that actions do have consequences. ) <-- well versed.
..K.
thumb_up.gif

I totally concur Ron .. but even 30 sec's is too long .. just as they start to go limp .. relieve the pressure ..and if it's done correctly ( Knee in their back )..you should have control of the body ..so they wont "hit" the ground.. unless you just don't care, in which case that's "your call".

Just sayin
thumb_up.gif
Yeah, I have to agree. Had a young friend argue with me the other day about the effectiveness of a rear naked choke and how quickly it can render a person 100% useless.

She'd been arguing that she was taught in such a situation to try and position your neck right in the crook of an attackers arm so your breathing doesn't get cut off.

Try as I might to explain how that is the WORST idea I've ever heard and how it's much more critical to tuck your chin and get turned she persisted. SO, I simply asked her if she'd like a demonstration of just how quickly it can render you harmless and she said sure.

I explained how scary it's going to be, I explained that there is going to be a real moment of terror, and she was up for it.

SO, a few seconds, and small squeak later she was sitting on the floor with MOONPIE eyes... I hadn't actually choked her out, just very very Grey... It served as a pretty dramatic wake up call for her. Much of her delusions fell away right there in that 5 second period between light and dark. It really kind of shook her up a bit.

It's pretty enlightening for folks who have the notion that "I can take care of myself"... Especially the young 5'0" women who have been taking TKD, watching too much TV, and are pretty sure that they can "Handle Myself". Yeah, Not so much.

<div class="iF-Passage"><div class="QUOTEHEAD">Quote:[/Quote]<div class="QUOTE clearfix"><span class="quoteBegin"> </span>
So to summarize, the next time your child gets in your face or thinks they are invincible, just put them in a carotid choke for about 30 seconds (anything more might cause permanent brain damage) when they wake up they will have a healthier appreciation for life.[/quote]
ices_rofl.gif
rofl.gif
Oh that's a funny thought...

I totally concur Ron .. but even 30 sec's is too long .. just as they start to go limp .. relieve the pressure ..and if it's done correctly ( Knee in their back )..you should have control of the body ..so they wont "hit" the ground.. unless you just don't care, in which case that's "your call".
Yeah, good pointing out, I was using 30 seconds as a guidline but what you said is the better answer, as soon as they start to go limp release (if it is someone you care about, or if you are worried about a law suit)

During my martial arts training the rule of thumb of 30 seconds is "usually" safe. But 1 minute without blood (read into this oxygen which is carried with the blood) will usually result in permanant brain damage.

But again, as you said going limp is usually a good sign as to when to let go (unless of course they are faking) so if it is someone I care about, I will hold until they go limp

if it is a fight with someone I dont know, I am holding on for 30 seconds regardless if they go limp before then or not.

If people can't differentiate between things they see on TV or movies, and things they should do in their real lives, the problem lies in their head, not Hollywood. Entertainment has been around a long time. Most of us can enjoy it without losing touch with common sense and decision making. To censor entertainment is not the answer, in my opinion. Keeping stupid people from doing stupid things is a problem that goes way back before TV & movies
smile.gif

Just sayin
thumb_up.gif
  Yeah, I have to agree.  Had a young friend argue with me the other day about the effectiveness of a rear naked choke and how quickly it can render a person 100% useless.  

She'd been arguing that she was taught in such a situation to try and position your neck right in the crook of an attackers arm so your breathing doesn't get cut off.  

Try as I might to explain how that is the WORST idea I've ever heard and how it's much more critical to tuck your chin and get turned she persisted. SO, I simply asked her if she'd like a demonstration of just how quickly it can render you harmless and she said sure.

I explained how scary it's going to be, I explained that there is going to be a real moment of terror, and she was up for it.

SO, a few seconds, and small squeak later she was sitting on the floor with MOONPIE eyes...  I hadn't actually choked her out, just very very Grey...  It served as a pretty dramatic wake up call for her.  Much of her delusions fell away right there in that 5 second period between light and dark.  It really kind of shook her up a bit.

It's pretty enlightening for folks who have the notion that "I can take care of myself"...  Especially the young 5'0" women who have been taking TKD, watching too much TV, and are pretty sure that they can "Handle Myself".   Yeah, Not so much.

<div class="iF-Passage"><div class="QUOTEHEAD">Quote:
<div class="QUOTE clearfix"><span class="quoteBegin"> </span>
So to summarize, the next time your child gets in your face or thinks they are invincible, just put them in a carotid choke for about 30 seconds (anything more might cause permanent brain damage) when they wake up they will have a healthier appreciation for life.[/quote]  
ices_rofl.gif

rofl.gif
  Oh that's a funny thought...[/quote]
Thats Funny Rev
rofl.gif

I could totally visualize her sitting on the floor with "MOONPIE EYES" lol

I have seen it and I have been there.

Before I was ever taught how to do it I had to let it be done to me, I was blown away, as you said within 5 seconds you lose the ability to struggle, you just hang there as you see your vision fade. I was totally blown away when it was done to me.

And everyone I have ever done it to, they struggle for a few seconds, then the struggling stops, then eventually you feel all their weight as they go limp lol..

When you were describing the girl you did it to all I kept thinking was "she has no clue poor thing" lol

rofl.gif

True that Ron .. like you in my Martial Arts training we were versed in the 30 second rule ,but after more chokeouts than I can remember and it also matters what the circumstancies are at the time..I've found most the time when they go "limp" and are set down, when they awake for the most part.. life takes on a new meaning ..
cool.gif
long live Kenpo!
.......K.

If people can't differentiate between things they see on TV or movies, and things they should do in their real lives, the problem lies in their head, not Hollywood. Entertainment has been around a long time. Most of us can enjoy it without losing touch with common sense and decision making. To censor entertainment is not the answer, in my opinion. Keeping stupid people from doing stupid things is a problem that goes way back before TV & movies
smile.gif
I'm not saying to censor the movies so much as when something goes wrong, the parents blame society. Parents should take on the responsibility of the child they reared, not society. It's just the simple fact, lots of parents don't keep up with what the kids watch so they can say "Good idea" or "Bad idea".

Just sayin
And I thought I was the only one that did that...Whew!
thumb_up.gif

Back