Desperate Squid

You are a saint. There aren't many people left in the world who would stretch out their necks to help anyone. You'll be blessed.
idea.gif

Thanks folks...and I could always use the blessings.
smile.gif

BTW...he called me back already this afternoon...off the scale pi$$ed...he just got home from work and was headed to his girlfrinds place and his bike wouldn't start again...till I told him to switch his petcock to reserve and...well..you know the rest! LOL!!!...Then I screamed back at him to never call me again with an empty tank! LOL!!!

L8R, Bill.
cool.gif

<!--EDIT|JINKSTER
Reason for Edit: None given...|1116502377 -->

Ahhh...The Daughter!!! And yeah..she's cute...here's our youngest...Rachel (7)

PUIG5.jpg

<!--EDIT|JINKSTER
Reason for Edit: None given...|1116503868 -->

Totally cool, Jinkster. Not enough good can be said to you, about you, for you . . . . You get the idea!

wink.gif

--Wag--

Hey Jink,

I'll give ya 100 if you can figure out why my clutch isn't disengaging
biggrin.gif

Just kidding but if you could figure it out I'd give ya a big hug
laugh.gif

Hey Jink,

biggrin.gif

laugh.gif
Check that's there's hydraulic fluid in the master cylinder, that nothings leaking and that the slave cylinder is actuating properly...if all is well with the hydraulics?..then pull off your clutch cover, then remove the clutch basket (by removing the bolts and clutch springs)..once the clutch basket is removed?..then remove your clutch pack of sandwiched "steels & friction plates"...(NOTE: make sure your keep them in the same order going back on as they did coming off)..inspect the steels for warpage..they should be flat within .1mm/.004". If they are not?..or show signs of excessive heat (discoloration)..replace the steels..it would be nice if the shop manual gave a "stack-up tolerance" for the clutch pack...but my copy dosen't..you might also wanna replace the thrust washer..it could be spent and not seperating the plates and if ya can't afford a full new set of steels?..there's also games you can play by swapping out "A" steles and "B" steels to lessen stack up and gain clutch seperation to better promote disengagement.

L8R, Bill.
cool.gif

Hey Jink,

biggrin.gif

laugh.gif
Check that's there's hydraulic fluid in the master cylinder, that nothings leaking and that the slave cylinder is actuating properly...if all is well with the hydraulics?..then pull off your clutch cover, then remove the clutch basket (by removing the bolts and clutch springs)..once the clutch basket is removed?..then remove your clutch pack of sandwiched "steels & friction plates"...(NOTE: make sure your keep them in the same order going back on as they did coming off)..inspect the steels for warpage..they should be flat within .1mm/.004". If they are not?..or show signs of excessive heat (discoloration)..replace the steels..it would be nice if the shop manual gave a "stack-up tolerance" for the clutch pack...but my copy dosen't..you might also wanna replace the thrust washer..it could be spent and not seperating the plates and if ya can't afford a full new set of steels?..there's also games you can play by swapping out "A" steles and "B" steels to lessen stack up and gain clutch seperation to better promote disengagement.

L8R, Bill.
cool.gif
BILL YOUR'E THE MAN...I'LL TRY IT OUT AND SEE WHAT I CAN FIND.

JOHN

good fellow..

tell him you decided to give the $100 back so come on over and get it..

when he gets there give him a helmet.. preferably a closeout HJC or something.. anything is better than nothing.. atleast then he will have one. newenough.com has the HJCcl14's for $85.. probably close to $100 after shipping anyways.

I know you'd lose the money ya made for fixing it.. but ya never know. you may change a squids life. or save it altogether.

Back