December 7 , 1941..........

Wonder if we'd just give up now...

your answer lies in how many have aligned themselves with "entitlement philosophy". when we fight to even have the right to protect our selves and our homes...what makes you think they want us to protect our country?

Very cool that you get that time with someone like him, to hear all of those stories, just amazing and what an honor! Thanks for sharing and many thanks to your friend as well as all that served our country on this date so many years ago :bowdown:

I was thinking about same this AM Saiid, thanks for bringing it back up....

Ah, yes, a day of remembrance.

Saiid, I'm sure the stories he's told in the past are precious; few get to hear things like that anymore...the memories are fading as we lose a generation that gave so much...

via Samsung Galaxy SIII

e3z4aWq.jpg

:lol:

It sure is important to stop and remember on the date of a significant event such as this, as was stated in previous posts years ago, the generational fade is happening and quickly.

World War 2 claimed an estimated 60-80 million lives. At the time, that was 3% of the world population. We lost over 400,000 military, over 650,000 were wounded. Many of our parents lived through this and we all know the names of many who died. The events that started this conflict and how America responded may be history, as is the strength and character of the men and women who both fought and endured. That patriotism and spirit is what made America great in that era. Safe communities, families, the American dream. Yes, it is important to stop and remember this event, on many levels.

I was actually standing in a military cemetery this morning where over a half million veterans are buried. It is humbling to look across the property at the vast and seemingly endless number of grave markers. This generation sacrificed to make the next generation better and that should be the goal for all. Every generation should never forget the lessons of the one that came before and should add them to future lessons learned, so they can pay it forward and hopefully make things better for the next generation.

Last edited:
Just wanted to say , USA entry into WW2 is marked by this tragic event , but it is thanks to the USA that the world is what it is today , that is to say largely a free world . When Japan hit America , it made a huge mistake , and woke up a massive industrial giant , that then rolled up its sleeves , and set about producing armaments in world beating quantity , then methodically , brought the fight right back at 'em .
I know my fellow Australians and New Zealand mates , are not only proud of our countrymen s war efforts , but are also very proud of the US , for it's triumphant victory and massive sacrifice and industrial know how and commitment .

You all should be ashamed for not remembering.
I remember and will never forget men like Stanley Swiderski in post 1.
Men like him are rare these days.

BUMP
Pearl Harbor Day is slipping into the past now that 82 years have come and gone. Personally I remember the day every year and remind my kids but things are different nowadays.
Here in CA 27% of our population wasn't born in the US so they have no idea what Pearl Harbor Day is and don't care. And I'd venture to guess that if someone did a man-on-the-street interview asking what Pearl Harbor Day is I'd bet not many US citizens know either.

Back