December 7 , 1941..........

Blanca BusaLess

Suffers from PBSD
Donating Member
Registered
And you know the rest of the story.
On this day let's not forget the generation that stepped up and did their part to keep us free.

I had a special op last night to visit with one of my favorite customers. Since I had been out of the business for a while I lost contact. His lease was up on the fifth or sixth Lincoln I sold him. My old card with same cell number was still stuck on his fridge from last time. He calls me as he always does and says if you got a nice one bring it up and we'll make a trade, meaning he'll do a new lease.
The reason he is so special to me is every time I go I get to sit with him and talk about what he did during the war. He was in the airborne and fought in Italy as well as dropped into Sainte-Mère-Église on the eve of D-day. After the war in Europe was over he served in the Pacific theatre. You name it he's done it and has the pics all over the walls in his house to prove it. I think we talked for about three hours about his adventures which he still vividly remembers. All the names and places and each and every one of his bring backs are fresh to him. The man is a true American hero and I'm happy to have been able to see him again.

201c2694.jpg

104ca7bb.jpg

b21cec67.jpg

A few years ago, I had the chance to finally visit the Arizona Memorial in Pearl Harbor. Nothing but the utmost respect and gratitude for that generation :bowdown:

that's the master parachutist badge. they don't just hand those out like skittles. please tell the sfc thank you for me blanca.

Very cool, Tell him thanks for the service.:thumbsup:

He has made over a hundred jumps I believe to receive one of those.:thumbsup::bowdown: Much respect.

Saiid, I love talking to the old timers also. It just seems they were cut from a different cloth then later generations. It will be sad when they are all gone. My dad is 80 and was in the Korean war. I don't know how to say it...but there was just something very special about that generation. I know everytime i watch "Saving Private Ryan" I lose it.

My Dad was a WW2 veteran.

I was driving around Gettysburg yesterday, and noticed all the flags at half mast.

It made me think of Dad and his generation.

Never forget.

:bump: for Stanley and the rest.

4am Honolulu time. By this time the Japanese were approaching by air. Take a moment to stop and remember. Never forget the sacrifices made by ones here and gone.

Nice story Saiid! It is humbling to talk to someone such as him. I had 2 Uncles that served in WW2 and one of those was also in Korea. They all deserve much thanks and respect!!

sent from my dunce stool via Tapatalk

Back