Wow, general curtis lemay

rubbersidedown

TURBO-BUSA-RIDIN'-BASTID
Donating Member
Registered
Just watched a documentary on him. Wow. Knew some bits and pieces but holy smokes.

If he had gotten his way,I guess there would not be not one single jar of cavier or one bottle of vodka around today.

Taunting the bear. The bear being Russia. His goal was all out nuclear war with the total annilation of the Russians.

His own staff began to question him. They were afraid the mad man was going to bring about the end of the world.I had no idea we were that close at some points during the cold war. His constant spy fly overs were an attempt to start nuclear war. He put a plan put into effect that gave him control of the nuclear arsonal in New Mexico without even having to consult the president. He falsified just about everything to aid him in getting SAC (Strategic Air Command) to be the ultimate power on the planet,with himself as almost sole controller.

I love military history,that documentry blew me away.

Catch it if yer into that kinda thing.

Rubb.

Remember that he was one of the Chiefs during the Cuban Missile Crisis...
There was a movie that was made about an Air Force General who was the Chairman of the Joint Chiefs who planned a coup to overthrow the President after he started peace negotiations with Russia. A day in May? It was remade as "The Enemy Within". The original had Kirk Douglas in it - the remake was with Forrest Whitaker. Some said some inspiration for the movie came from LeMay (as a General).

Remember that he was one of the Chiefs during the Cuban Missile Crisis...
There was a movie that was made about an Air Force General who was the Chairman of the Joint Chiefs who planned a coup to overthrow the President after he started peace negotiations with Russia.  A day in May?  It was remade as "The Enemy Within".  The original had Kirk Douglas in it - the remake was with Forrest Whitaker.  Some said some inspiration for the movie came from LeMay (as a General).
OOOO thats for the memory kick.

Must rent movie...must rent movie. (that me reminding myself,althou I'll prolly forget anyway).

Thanks,Rubb.

Back