Dec. 24th

It was great riding with you again Craig. 4 mature riders who can ride all day with no incidents or drama! YES! Malibu was georgeous today with temperatures in the 70's and no clouds to be had.!

Lamb needs a new chain badly. The thing has stretched so far that even with the axle pulled all the way out it is just dangling against the lower gravel catcher. Need to purchase a ZZZ now, damnit. It's embarassing, when Lamb got home and the bike was in first gear pulling into the parking spot, it just grinds against the gravel catcher like.............well, like something grinding.

Here's the boys after a much needed break right after breakfast!

malibu_xmas_eve_2.jpg

This is Scar holding court. He got attacked by these 2 ultra-friendly 70 year olds when he rode up on his new '08! Boy, could these boys spin a yarn.

rock_store_xmas_eve__07.jpg

That chain was insane. You should measure it once it's off the bike to get an idxea of how long it stretched out.

That chain was insane. You should measure it once it's off the bike to get an idxea of how long it stretched out.
Great idea. It is longer now then when we left Long Beach. Can't even put it in gear without a huge cccchhhhhchcccchhhhhccccchhhhhhccccchhhhhhccccchhhchccchhhhcccchhhhhh.

Here is Charles busa's view of the world while at work. That is a jet blue flight to OAK. Scar in the foreground.

view_from_the_tower.jpg

They always put the pics of the President and Vice president up at gov. installations.
thumb_up.gif

v.p._charles.jpg

Great idea. It is longer now then when we left Long Beach. Can't even put it in gear without a huge cccchhhhhchcccchhhhhccccchhhhhhccccchhhhhhccccchhhchccchhhhcccchhhhhh.
wowold.gif

I can't believe you made it back to Long Beach without it jumping a tooth! Lamb's gonna need new sprockets....

Great idea.  It is longer now then when we left Long Beach.  Can't even put it in gear without a huge cccchhhhhchcccchhhhhccccchhhhhhccccchhhhhhccccchhhchccchhhhcccchhhhhh.
wowold.gif

I can't believe you made it back to Long Beach without it jumping a tooth!  Lamb's gonna need new sprockets....
Word to the wise.  Don't try to save a few bucks & buy the middle priced chain.  IT SUCKS!  The stocker lasted longer than the EK ZVX thingy.

Looks like you guys had a nice ride. Thanks for the pics. For those of us sidelined because of snow and cold, it keeps us connected.
bowdown.gif

Next time.  We gotta go and ride the 33 + Cerre Noreste  
winkold.gif
O.k., sounds good to me.

You Need A License Plate -->
argue.gif
<-- No, I don't, but thanks for noticing. (Note to self: tell secretary to send John Law a gold star today.)

Plate hasn't yet arrived, though if I get stopped, I will tell Law, (John Law, that is...again) that sadly, it didn't survive the most recent engagement of the 'afterburners'. "A damned shame," I'll say, "We'll have to plan a memorial."

Most likely, he won't appreciate my cavalier demeanor, and shortly thereafter, he'll probably give me a hand-engraved "Driving Award" and a "Request for Audience" at someplace really important.

Frankly, I'm pondering another set of personalized plates, but it takes away from the whole 'stealthy' mode thingey. Hmmmm...

laugh.gif

I had a blast with you guys. Thanks again, all, for a GREAT day. Craig: Your pix turned out WAY better than mine. The composition of your shots is indicative of how good you must be at your work. Superb clarity. Well done.

Lamb and I had a rather uneventful ride home. At first, I thought I-5 would need to be resurfaced after our 'launch', but it seems that we barely touched the damned thing...just kind of skimmed across the top of it. I've found out that if you go fast enough, you can't even SEE the "Posted Speed Limit" signs. Hence, they are not there.

After our great Tour De Tower (Thanks again, Charles), Lamb and I launched from Long Beach and shortly after, effected 're-entry' in San Diego as the last of the Santa Ana fueled orange sunset left the sky.

The Lambometer said we'd logged 395 miles for the day. No big whoop.
beerchug.gif

cool.gif

So, I launched a thread and posted my pix there, but will re-post them here for continuity...

Our first 'official' stop was at the corner of (fill in the blank and Stunt (yes, that's right) Road...

Stunt_Road_Christmas_Eve.jpg

Back