Death rate of 89%???

That's a great point, revlis. Make the most of NOW, cause tomorrow is promised to no one. When I go, I hope it will be in a Dale Earnheardt (sp) fasion, not in some rocking chair in a nursing home. If I get to wetting myself just take me out, strap me to my bike, and point me towards the sunset. One last hurrah. Chris

Yeah I say bulljive on this one. The bike isnt what would kill people in the first place. It is the rider and his common sense. A level headed rider would be alright on dodges V10 bike. Dont believe what you hear.

"On a long enough time line the survival rate for everyone drops to zero."
We just had a near life experience
face7.gif

...  Better to die doing what you love than live a life empty of pleasure, freedom, or excitement.
<span style='color:black'>I couldn't agree more, man. Right, fellas? [cricket noises] Hello? HELLO!? IS ANYONE STILL OUT THERE!?

...ah, well
down.gif

Most folks I run into who know what a 'busa is say something like "fast enough for ya?" or "don't need all that speed" or, better yet, something like "ya squiddie." It's a shame, because the 'busa is a great all-rounder, it's just all around damn fast, also
devil.gif

I swear, one of these days I'm going to do an SS1000 (1k mi <24hr) or a Bun Burner (1.5k mi <36hr) just to prove this point  
director.gif

...anyway, how can anyone achieve consesus on something like "how fast is too fast?" The rider's skill and good sense is so instrumental to that equation -- it just boils down to whether or not one feels the gov't is best employed to protect us from ourselves or not.

We need some authoratative updated statistics on rider safety and fatalities -- I'd bet, for example, that a huge chunk of those rider fatality numbers that have been increasing in the last few years are orthodontists out for their semi-annual Italian tune-up on their SuperUltraFoofyWideGlide.

And while I'm at it...
soapbox.gif
...we need better reliability and other ownership statistics that we can all get to so that purchasing a motorcycle isn't such a "well, I heard that Japanese/German/Botswanaian bikes are reliable and fun to ride." There...all done now
40__s.gif
.</span>

"On a long enough time line the survival rate for everyone drops to zero."
We just had a near life experience  
face7.gif
brave.gif
Is what I am talking about, Near life is what I am after.

From experiance I know I do not like jumping out of planes, I am not all that fond of getting shot at, and extreme sports are what happens when children grow up wearing helmets on their tri-cycles.  
wow.gif

Ah, but put me on two wheels, give me a proper stretch of road and 150HP and I feel energized, alive, and well darn it...pretty damn good.  All the stresses involved in my work, the compromises one makes to get through life, balancing art and creativity with corporate demands, (Pimping for the man) selling my creative soul for money
firedevil.gif

down.gif
all of these stresses melt away.  I hear, see, feel and smell only the bike and the road.  My mind is clear, focused... near life...absolutely...

86% of the people that hear i have a busa tell me im going to kill my self does that count?:rock:

I get the same thing Boney
sad.gif
Then I tell them I'm making it faster and then they tell me I feel sorry for your family cuz your gonna die for sure. Then I give them the imfamous finger and tell them F U!
mad.gif

When I was still looking for my 'Busa a salesman at the local dealer told me that half of new hayabusas get crashed within the first year.:p

cussing.gif
good way to sell the best production machine known to man. " hey buy this bike and you'll f**k up and be back in a year

Back