Death, life, ppl & leaving

and before something comes out of this. i'm not trying to start any beef with anyone, you guys know that i'm not one to start stuff, but i just found it a little hurtfull to say something like that, when someone grew up a certain way and raised to believe a certain thing. then someone calls there whole upraising a hoax. like i said not trying to start anything but just the respect thing work and i respect your beliefs too, but not to down grade what somone believes in. i will never push my God upon you, but like the old saying you can lead a horse to water, but you can't force them to drink. i have nothing but love for all of you and anyone of you are welcome in my house. no i'm not the perfect christian and will never be. i drink, smoke, and curse worse than a sailor and i'm sorry that i do and not proud of it, but i thank God for forgiveness everyday. so no big uproar is started this is all i'm going to say about this subject. :thumbsup:

As long as you believe that you should never ride your Busa faster than what your Angels can fly, you are good. :beerchug:

Forgot to load pic

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

uploadfromtaptalk1311958624531.jpg

I wouldn't call organized religion a hoax, I'd prefer to bring up the anology of sheep. Just sayin.

I would agree with the OP. We are containers here. Our soul and personality is what shines through it. I think once we pass and get on the other side we will all have a big laugh. In my opinion most religions are very similar, and I think the man that bends his knee every night and the man that lives his day to day life as a good person will be in the same company. I have a sneaking feeling that all religions worlwide are praying to the same entity under different guises. However, I am not the sharpest knife in the drawer :laugh:

I would agree with the OP. We are containers here. Our soul and personality is what shines through it. I think once we pass and get on the other side we will all have a big laugh. In my opinion most religions are very similar, and I think the man that bends his knee every night and the man that lives his day to day life as a good person will be in the same company. I have a sneaking feeling that all religions worlwide are praying to the same entity under different guises. However, I am not the sharpest knife in the drawer :laugh:

Kind of a good description of how I feel about it.
Hard for me to believe the big bang and that we all (every living creature) evolved from a single cell ameba...kind of complex for that.
Several personal experiences...that I just cant chalk up to coincidence.

lol. see my post on pg1. your the guy(s) im talkin about.

I read your post on page one, twice, but I cannot connect the dots.

As for the sheep analogy I'm referring to the way sheep are herded and do what the shepherd tells them to. In my opinion organized religion preys on those that don't think for themselves and are willing to subscribe to a set if doctrines and dogma based only on blind faith.

I had a huge post written out but have since chopped it down to the following...

As I was pondering everyone's posts, I thought back to one of my early mentors in the USAF, he imparted this great wisdom " Tyler, while @ work, I strongly urge you to steer clear of conversations about religion, politics and NASCAR"...

My outlook: Be a good dude, tip well, service before self, make people smile and a little thing called Eudemonia- (Greek) which means happiness/wellbeing... I try to live it to it's fullest.. You only get one!!:beerchug:

I read your post on page one, twice, but I cannot connect the dots.

As for the sheep analogy I'm referring to the way sheep are herded and do what the shepherd tells them to. In my opinion organized religion preys on those that don't think for themselves and are willing to subscribe to a set if doctrines and dogma based only on blind faith.

the sheep debate could go the other way also. follow the world because so many dont believe.

however, either you believe in God or you dont. its that simple. its hard to just read someting on the internet and get the meaning sometimes. maybe i just misinterpeted what you were saying.

like i said i dont push religion on anybody cause im as messed up as anybody but i DO believe in God and His forgiveness. i just find it too hard to believe were all here by coincidence.

what i was talking about with the comparison was a lot of folks who dont believe get real religious when the end is near.

but its all good. just a discussion on a web site:thumbsup:

God is NOT Religion :rulez:

Religion was created by man to make them feel Better. The Bible is just a Manual on how to live life. It's full of stories and such that you might relate too. And if you Really Believe that it's lights out when you die..........:dunno:

Robert

Back