Deal's Gap or Hwy 1

This time of the year is the best for Skaggs and hwy 1 because most of the tourists have left. I have a video of Skaggs if someone could help me post it. At the end of the video Mike aka. Texwasabi crashes not bad just tried to do a little dirtbiking and fell over breaking his collarbone, the bike had minimal damage.

I found some pics of Skaggs.

1.jpg

Come over here, we'll go to the Croatian coast and ride from Rijeka to Zadar along the coastal road. Amazing stretch of road with very predictable curves that you can just carve dragging a knee if you want to.

I checked the weather foreast for that entire area and its supposed to be GREAT. Maybe I'll run up and over Mt Tam Sat morning and then north on 1 until I get there.

The west coast roads look like some great riding, but to give you an idea how tight the gap is, I never got past 2 nd. gear on my runs.

The Gap is great. You've got very technical curves and a lot of them. The best part of the Gap though is that you've got all these curves to ride and no intersections or driveways for Clyde Cager to pull out in front of you on. The Gap isn't the only good road around there, it's just one of many. I like the Foothills Pkwy, Cherohala Skyway, Hwy 28, or for that matter, Hwy 129 leading to the Dragon. I've been to California, granted it was a LONG time ago, but we have folks coming here from all over the world to ride the Dragon. That said though, I can enjoy the heck out of riding my bike on any road that lets me roll the wheels over. I like to ride, period.

Dan

(GSXTacy @ Oct. 26 2006,23:22)
(manatrader @ Oct. 25 2006,15:57) For us here in Washington here is a link to our backyard road monster. Very twisty and technical seen many bikes sliding across the corner in front of me. A few of the corners are littered with bike parts. Bad thing it going under snow now and will stay covered until late May. I still like Hwy 1 better.

http://washington.destinationhighways.com/dh/Volcano_Region/2sum.htm
Thats a nice road, but it looks like a dragstrip compared to the dragon.
Possible, but on this dragstripe you will never leave 2nd gear! The top 8 miles are almost 1st gear, with dozens of 180 switch back turns. One of the reason I like Hwy 1 is its almost all 2nd gear and more predictable making a nice ride.

(manatrader @ Oct. 27 2006,22:46)
(GSXTacy @ Oct. 26 2006,23:22)
(manatrader @ Oct. 25 2006,15:57) For us here in Washington here is a link to our backyard road monster. Very twisty and technical seen many bikes sliding across the corner in front of me. A few of the corners are littered with bike parts. Bad thing it going under snow now and will stay covered until late May. I still like Hwy 1 better.

http://washington.destinationhighways.com/dh/Volcano_Region/2sum.htm
Thats a nice road, but it looks like a dragstrip compared to the dragon.
Possible, but on this dragstripe you will never leave 2nd gear! The top 8 miles are almost 1st gear, with dozens of 180 switch back turns. One of the reason I like Hwy 1 is its almost all 2nd gear and more predictable making a nice ride.
Sounds like a blast! My brother lives in Seattle and would love to get up there to ride. Damn I hate living in the midwest! LOL

If he lives in Seattle and rides, then most likely he has already rode it. If not ask him what he is doing?

Back