What's the deal with low-siding on Mulholland

The real lesson in all this is ATGATT and how even in relatively low speed crashes you can lose skin, smack your head or shave off your ankle bones without any effort at all. That first guy in the stunta vest loses forearm material and smacks the back of his head pretty good and the guy piling into the guardrail leaves his shoe and ankle under the bike when he slides. ATGATT boys, ATGATT.:banghead:

It is funny or strange how cameraman is right there .

"oh are you ok ?"
Either it's just a famous spot for boobs to crash or he's setting it up !

Would think though a few Cali bikers would have caught him doing that and spanked him a bit though?

i have heard of people pouring oil in some of the local mountain roads....but this has been mostly one particular road. too many guys racing thru the neighborhoods that are next to it and pissing off the nieghbors....

this so-cal....there are cameras everywhere

now that i looked at it.....i know that place, it is famous for crashes. its a little section that guys like to take too fast,knowing the video guys are there to take pictures of them getting thier knee down....

My friends and I have been watching these, wierd coincidence seeing it here too. Heres the one I like;

- Motorcycle Crash - Rider Thrown Over Guardrail on Mulholland Hwy[/url]

Last edited by a moderator:
This conspiracy theory has been discussed before regarding this turn. Depends what you believe...I personally don't find it that far fetched unfortunately :(

Just strange how the camera guys just happens to be there recording so many guys go down.

I've ridden that spot a number of times. It IS NOT as difficult a turn as the vids make it out to be. Yes, there were folks that were riding beyond their skills and one guy that a poster-child for target fixation, but I also don't find a conspiracy much of a stretch, especially in this jacked-up society.

Every rider going down in the EXACT SAME SPOT?
Camera crew right there every time?
No major concern to the rider's potential injuries.

But the biggest reason:
Not one person deems it dangerous enough to flag riders a warning or wave somebody off. They're there just to capture footage of the impending carnage. Until I know otherwise, I say they set it up to get the shots for YouTube.

I would love to get a few riders together to ride up there and block off both ends of the turn when these ass-hats are filming and walk the road. If they start to bug out then we know there's some funny business going on... THEN It's ON!

As far as I know, that turn has a slight decreasing radius, but what is hard to see in the videos is the camber that slopes towards the outside. I combination of those two factors and sometimes dust/sand on the road just makes it easy to lose the rear.

you guys crack me up....this place is famous, hundreds of bikes will run thru that section everyday. only a few crash. the regulars will run thru, make a u-turn and run back oever and over.

there is a turnout, where you can stop and watch the bikes go by....lots of people hang out there.

there is not need to sabotage the road, squids crash there enough on thier own. the video does not give you a good idea of the road.

What's the deal with the people who go there to video this. Seems like they know it's a bad corner. Are they there just to catch someone having an off. Seems like they are crash vultures to me.

No different from killboy or the other photographers. Nobody wnts to see themselved riding down the highway in a straight line. They set up in the tight corners where the bikes will be leaned over the most. Peopple knowing they are being photographed/videoed tend to pust a bit harder for the good pic.

Back