DAYUM Bautista (2019 WSBK spoiler)

skydivr

Jumps from perfectly good Airplanes
Donating Member
Gotta hand it to Alvaro...He KILLED it at his inaugural WSBK weekend...10-15 seconds ahead of EVERYONE else - Sliding it in like a Moto2 bike. And that V4R he was riding was impressive - he had motor on EVERYONE down the front straight. It's been a long long time since he won a race, so I'm really happy for him. Let's see if he can repeat on another track..

He thrashed them alright, im sure Davies has the same spec machine and he was where ?
If the Duke continues to smoke everything im sure its RPM limit will be 'reviewed' , Rea said it was like showing up to a gun fight with a knife...
I too am happy for Alvaro to have a competitve bike and do the bizo, Gigo and Paolo wanted him there they knew his potential.

If it was all the bike, then Chaz would have been up there, too...I think the problem for Chaz is gonna be that he's so tall trying to ride a bike for Danny Pedrosa - sized riders...

Still...I sure would like to put a few polite laps on a V4R :)

I suspect his stint in WSBK will be a short one at this rate. He is a better rider than half of the guys in MotoGP at the moment. Getting back to the show may be difficult, but he is doing exactly what he needs to do just that. It isn't even fair to the current crop of WSBK guys at the moment, but that life in the bigs! Reminds me of the duels between he and Simoncelli in 2008. These two were at each other every race that year.

I don't believe he is that much better than Rea. Maybe the Ducati runs more like a MotoGP bike so he is better acclaimated to it than other Duc riders? Amazing Davies can't even stay in the top 10 on it. Something is definitely up.

I've ridden the V4. Nice machine. Ton of issues with the clutch and it cooks the rear brake fluid in under 1000 miles. It feels like a busa in how it pulls but it's electric front stabilizer drives me nuts. Makes me want to rip it out. Otherwise a great machine if you don't mind the constant shop time for one thing or another. I liked it so much I put the tires it comes with on my Busa. Amazing tires by the way. This summer I should be able to take the V4R out for a ride. The winglets got me super interested in it's performance.

Race 1 at Aragon turned into a pretty good scrap, albeit not for first place. Was kind of pulling for Sykes early on but that new BMW has issues in this company. Good to see Laverty mixing it up with the factories on the Bitubo suspended Ducati. He scuppered his race in the end but a podium was there for the taking. Not to sound like a broken record, but to put a second a lap on the field is just absurd! And if they start penalizing the Ducati's it will remove Davies and Laverty from the discussion, so I don't know how you slow down one rider without discrediting the whole series? Or maybe he's just that damn fast!
Aragon - Race results (1)

Back