My little brother went down ...

pseudo

Donating Member
Registered
Saturday night, my brother wreked his brand new CBR 600 RR with only 40 miles on it.

He's ok, helmet saved his life. So did his brand new jacket with a 3 inch hole in it.

Had he been a squid, he'd be a dead squid!

We were leaving a 7-11 parking lot after a good day or riding, when he gave the throttle a bit too much gas, and the ignition switch caught on his jacket/glove (we're not sure) and he could not release the throttle. Being a newbie he did not have experience to control the bike.

The bike immediately performed a 15 foot long wheelie followed by a back flip smashing his head straight into the ground. He gained enough momentum to slide another 40 feet from where he hit the ground.

Damage to his bike thus far looks to be majorly cosmetic, but he did crack his right suspension fork reservoir, leaking all the hydraulic fluid out (is that repairable without replacement?) and he also leaked some coolant (I think it was coolant, seemed to watery for oil etc)

It makes me a little scared to let my wife ride. I kinda feel responsible, seeming everyone in my family got excited about bikes because of me.

Glad he is okay! Yes, it could have been much worse.

Just curious, on your banner you have 164MPH for the 05 Busa, why?

Be safe,

P.

That was the speed I have been able to get the nerve to go in a controlled environment. I can't seem to overcome my fear of going faster yet. I should update the banner seeming my mailage has gone up significantly.

I plan on taking her even faster on some upcomming track days, also thinking of taking her out to the salt Flats for a 200mph+ run.

Although I will need to enhance some performance before that will ever happen.

<!--EDIT|pseudo
Reason for Edit: "Trying to make my post make sense ..."|1152562715 -->

I am sorry to hear it...I hope he's healing up well...thank goodness he's going to be okay
smile.gif

That was the speed I have been able to get the nerve to go in a controlled environment. I can't seem to overcome my fear of going faster yet. I should update the banner seeming my mailage has gone up significantly.

I plan on taking her even faster on some upcomming track days, also thinking of taking her out to the salt Flats for a 200mph+ run.

Although I will need to enhance some performance before that will ever happen.
I was just curious because the stock bike will do around 186mph. Be careful on those speed runs.

P.

Thank God he's OK will be praying for him and you it not your fault that he choosed to ride3. just help him learn to ride more safely

Could have been much worse! Hope he has a full and speedy recovery.

Hope he heals ok.
Just curious, you said a full day of riding, but he only has 40 miles on his bike?

Glad to hear that your brother is OK. Hope it didn't scare him enough to give up riding.

Hope he heals ok.
Just curious, you said a full day of riding, but he only has 40 miles on his bike?
That's a pretty good number of miles...My full days are about 10 miles...5 to get there and sit all day and 5 to get back home...

Hope your brother is up and about...

Sorry to hear about your brother, hope he heals fast. Bikes are replaceable people and family are not!! When he's ready and only when he's ready get him back on a bike so he can resist the fear of not riding again. I've owned 2 cruisers and I'm on my 6th sports bike and I've been down 3 time, but I'm still riding because of the FREEDOM AND FUN it gives me!! I ride an average of 100 miles a day in DC traffic which totally sucks!!!

I would suggest you tell your bro to take the MSF Safety Courses... He will gain a little experience and feel more comfortable on the bike
wink.gif
I took it quite a while back, and really enjoyed the course + it only cost me $10 (which you get back after you finish the course
smile.gif

Glad to hear your Brother is ok after going down so hard.... ride with gear... it does save lives.

Ouch that was a nasty blow to the head glad he had on hs gear. Bright side I bet he will never be tempted to ride without.

Back