2024 WSBK

Final from the test.
1708436070173.png

Those ‘28 are freaking fast. Best time last year was 1.29.400 by Toprak.
Best time GP last year 1.27.246 by Martin

Each manufacturer is supposed to be doing their best within the rules of their sanctioning body. So my query was, why are their bikes seemingly better in WSB than in MotoGP. Ducatis should be dominant like they are in GP racing. The two best Yamahas in GP are only 14th and 16th.

Each manufacturer is supposed to be doing their best within the rules of their sanctioning body. So my query was, why are their bikes seemingly better in WSB than in MotoGP. Ducatis should be dominant like they are in GP racing. The two best Yamahas in GP are only 14th and 16th.
SBK bikes have to be close to what we can buy whereas MotoGP bikes are like F1 cars.

Ducati isn't dominating on the street..

This is why I like SBK better, they are closer to bikes we can buy.

The only thing they have in common is the name of the brand. For the rest, two completely different engines.
Look for the reason in the budgets.
It is not without reason that Suzuki has given up on it. Honda and Yamaha are not doing well in that area either, and that is reflected in the development costs. Only the European brands are faring better, with Ducati having a gigantic brand behind it, and that is Audi.

It will be necessary to keep Bautista in check, otherwise he will be unstoppable. Rea will be good, but not a winner. Don't you find it strange that Toprak went to BMW and lost his chance for a GP seat, or does he know more and BMW may be planning to go to the GP?

Back