Cutting down rear end on Gen 1 UK Busa

Vindaloobeast

Registered
Hi all. I am in the UK and want to cut down the back end of my 2007 Busa. I am the fussiest man alive when it comes to getting it right so Im after some ideas before I commit. I pointed out its a UK bike for the plate size...Im not going to use the 'legal' plate but at the same time I dont want it so silly that I will get pulled all the time either so I propose to use a 7"x5" plate or similar. I think from memory the existing bracket is wider than 7" so I might have to compromise.

Anyway..whilst I like some of the USA available undertrays and clusters most are not available here or do not provide a decent mount for a UK plate. I also like the OEM indicators as they provide good visibility and vibration protection for the pot hole filled roads here in England.

I was going to trace a template from the bottom curves of the OEM mudguard and then with the plate removed mark the same curve higher up on the plastic and cut and file it to the same shape. The OEM light and indicators will then remain. Has anyone done this and if so can you post a pic or supply me with another idea(s)...?

Vindy.

Back