Has anyone installed the "no cut" frame sliders?

wardie

Donating Member
Registered
I did not want to cut my fairings and saw several companies that advertised no cut frame sliders. Has anyone had a set of these and if so do they provide the same protection as regular frame sliders?

I have Trex no cuts, and I hope I never can answer your question from a real "slide"

If you are after max protection, no cuts probably are not the way to go.

If you want to take it up another notch do these.
I do not want them on my personal busa, just not the look I am after.
The work bikes are subject to more mishaps due to the nature of the job they have to do.

IMG_1009.jpg

IMG_1008.jpg

Yep--I put them on both my '06 and '08. I was too chicken to cut! Luckly---I've never had to try them out.

Another option is the T-rex no cut frame sliders.
Hayabusa GSX-R1300

They attach to a strong powder coated bracket that bolts to the frame.
Webshots.com Links Do Not Work

A stainless steel bar runs behind the radiator and attaches to the brackets that mount to the frame.

They stick out a fair amount and are made of a hard plastic that would absorb impact and slide well.

The black plastic is not as blingy as the metal one unfortunately.

There is a heavy stainless bolt that attaches the slider to the frame bracket.

It took me about an hour and a half to install them. Including fairing removal.

cheers
ken

As i wrote on another topic, I have mounted the T-Rex no cut f.s. and they seem invulnerable and unbreakable...but...no clearance, no blank between f.s and the right fairing:banghead:

I did not want to cut my fairings and saw several companies that advertised no cut frame sliders. Has anyone had a set of these and if so do they provide the same protection as regular frame sliders?

Looks like some good suggestions, Wardie. :beerchug:

I got the T-REX and Im more than happy, experienced a little slide unfortunatly, and they were very protective did not have the smallest sctrach to the fairing.

If you get the ones that have the bar that goes all the way across the bike.....if you go down,you'll be needing a new radiator.I've seen it TWICE.

If you get the ones that have the bar that goes all the way across the bike.....if you go down,you'll be needing a new radiator.I've seen it TWICE.

Ara ya talkin'about old or new Busa...

Boys, we have to remember that, THE BEST THING IT'S TO NOT FALL...it's normal that some li'l damage can occurs when you fall down...
then we have to calculate which of the two(side fairing or the radiator) is the more expensive...

I have had a side fall on a wet road with my Zx12r...loooooong slide...No damage to the side fairing...but the frame slider was fixed to a principal frame bolt...But it was very nasty while it hit the chins...:banghead:

Ara ya talkin'about old or new Busa...

Boys, we have to remember that, THE BEST THING IT'S TO NOT FALL...it's normal that some li'l damage can occurs when you fall down...
then we have to calculate which of the two(side fairing or the radiator) is the more expensive...

I have had a side fall on a wet road with my Zx12r...loooooong slide...No damage to the side fairing...but the frame slider was fixed to a principal frame bolt...But it was very nasty while it hit the chins...:banghead:

Dont matter,well maybe the second fan on the newer bikes will help with the damage done to radiator.In both cases it was the 1rst Gen busas.I wouldnt waste good money on those things,they look great but performance is minimum and they are hard to remove as well after going down,often causing more damage than the crash itself.Sliders are meant to be attached to the frame,plain and simple.

I installed "no cuts" on my 07 and, unfortunately, tested one side. On the way to the Eureka Springs MnG I entered an alley behind my house, hit some gravel with a car coming down the alley, hit the front brake while leaned over to keep from hitting the car and dropped it on the right side. The slider on the right hit first and actually bent back quite a bit. All I got on the fairing was a few scratches. Without that slider the fairing would have been toast and I wouldnt have attended the MnG. They may not be equal to frame mounted sliders but they certainly did the job for me. After the MnG I pulled the slider and had to replace the bolt as it was bent. Surely it saved me from having a cracked/smashed/wrecked fairing.

P6210009.JPG

Dont matter,well maybe the second fan on the newer bikes will help with the damage done to radiator.In both cases it was the 1rst Gen busas.I wouldnt waste good money on those things,they look great but performance is minimum and they are hard to remove as well after going down,often causing more damage than the crash itself.Sliders are meant to be attached to the frame,plain and simple.

Yeah, maybe you're right.But I never hope that frame sliders can (or have to)save the bike from a major crash...simply, cause I'am a dwarf and have shorty legs:banghead:, i want to avoid damages from a parking or stop crash...

I took T-rex n.c f.sliders and they are very sturdly and tight, but, in reality, maybe due to their strenght ,they can flex the frame support ...I repeat ...MAYBE...

Can the T-rex boss answer to us about our doubts??????

Pay attention, the frame IS NOT unbreakable...If the monocoque frame of the ZZR1400 can crash due to the uncorrect torque of the bolts, even the ?Busa frame can crack if a major pressure happens directly on the torque.

Please, excuse my poor english but I haven't the english speaking habit...

I believe that the perfect choice is GSG (Deutschland):

b-king-005.jpg

But always while you are manoeuvring the bike to parking or move it at idle speed you hit the slider with chins...a little bit fastidious...

I believe that the perfect choice is GSG (Deutschland):

b-king-005.jpg

But always while you are manoeuvring the bike to parking or move it at idle speed you hit the slider with chins...a little bit fastidious...

I think they are way behind no? Other than that your chins keep hitting, i feel if the bus tipped the slider will only protect the back side more than it will the front. Not sure, but it seems so. Nice idea though.

That was not the case with mine, but I could easily see it happening as it it very close to the radiator.

Mine slid 30-40' down the track. It took 3/8"-1/2 off the frame slider, a bit off the woodcraft cover and slider, Some of the swingarm slider. The fairings scratches were minimal. The tail made it into the plastic pretty good.

I was happy with how they performed. I don't expect them to save the bike from a 60mph crash, but they served thier purpose pretty well here.

IMG_4395 (Medium).JPG

IMG_4396 (Medium).JPG

IMG_4397 (Medium).JPG

IMG_4398 (Medium).JPG

IMG_4399 (Medium).JPG

IMG_4400 (Medium).JPG

IMG_4401 (Medium).JPG

IMG_4402 (Medium).JPG

IMG_4403 (Medium).JPG

IMG_4405 (Medium).JPG

IMG_4408 (Medium).JPG

IMG_4409 (Medium).JPG

IMG_4410 (Medium).JPG

Last edited:
Thank you Professor!
Your net-mod to istall the slider is very nice...
But...to avoid to go off topic I have to say that the T-rex no-cut sliders are tooooomuch closer to the right fairing...:banghead:
Indeed they touch the fairing...Is it normal in your opinion?

My sliders do not touch the fairings at all. The right side is about 1/4 further to the front than the left. Mine are the original from Benelux Bike Design. The T-rex appeared on the market later and appear to be a copy of the Benelux models. While the t-rex looks decent, from the photo I have seen the Benelux is a much higher quality built product. (the Benelux is also much higher priced here as well) It is possible they do not fit exactly the same. I think you have an 08-09 so that may be a bit of difference as well. I have seen a picture here some where of an 08 with the slider against the plastic.

Back