Has anyone installed the "no cut" frame sliders?

Gabel, didn't I tell you that the bolts we use are as good as T-Rex'?
If we delivered 8.8 tensile strength bolts and you happen to have the exact same in 12.9, then feel free to use those... But I guarantee you that you DON'T need that kind of bolt on the places we use them. If a bolt is used in a stress-sensitive place, then we'll have provided a 12.9 bolt.

You don't want the bolt to be any stronger than stock or it can damage the threads in the engine case and could also damage the frame if enough strain is encountered in a wreck. I'd rather be replacing the fairings than have my bike totaled because the frame slider bolts are too stout. But again, they are called "frame sliders" not "fairing savers" for a reason.

sexu MFing bikes there gabelbrucken :thumbsup:

T-rextechnician and BDB thank you both for your explanations :bowdown:

I have the t-rex sliders on my gen-1, and the bike-design 'REAR' sliders too, I have experienced a little fall at low speed and they both performed very well, there was no damage to the bike at all (thanks god), I will probabaly also get the Bike-design fronts just to try.

I'm also thinking of getting the GSG as well, I have GSG sliders on my 999, got them from ar-racing.co.uk very recommended to deal with for those of you in europe who might be interested

sexu MFing bikes there gabelbrucken :thumbsup:

T-rextechnician and BDB thank you both for your explanations :bowdown:

I have the t-rex sliders on my gen-1, and the bike-design 'REAR' sliders too, I have experienced a little fall at low speed and they both performed very well, there was no damage to the bike at all (thanks god), I will probabaly also get the Bike-design fronts just to try.

I'm also thinking of getting the GSG as well, I have GSG sliders on my 999, got them from ar-racing.co.uk very recommended to deal with for those of you in europe who might be interested

Me too I love GSG stuff...I bought directly in GSG frame sliders for my Zx12r and B-King ...
I'm very happy for your positive experience with T-rex sliders.
But I talked about MY experience (with GEN-2)...
Probably the gen-1 does not requires too much "brain" to find the right way to make the slider passing through the two sides of the bike...And T-rex realized the sliders without any kind of problem.
Gen-2 is NOT a Gen-1 ...and we think that T-rex only modified the old Gen-1 sliders ...without making any trial...and the results was that the slider touch the fairing and strain the electric cables...

Little question for Bike Design benelux...
If I replace the stock fans with Muzzy fans, the rod between the sliders can TOUCH the fans?

I haven't got the slightest idea, sorry... We've never even thought of considering to consider that. :p Replacing a fan by an aftermarket fan is so rarely done... We simply cannot bear that in mind when we develop the kit. I think the best ding to do is to ask your Muzzy reseller what the size of that fan is and to compare it to your stock fan...

We have installed the bike design no cut frame sliders on many hayabusa's with the muzzy fan, including my own '99, '01, and '06 busas without no problems.:thumbsup:

I haven't got the slightest idea, sorry... We've never even thought of considering to consider that. :p Replacing a fan by an aftermarket fan is so rarely done... We simply cannot bear that in mind when we develop the kit. I think the best ding to do is to ask your Muzzy reseller what the size of that fan is and to compare it to your stock fan...

Thank you BDB, you're damn right , and I admit that I'm a "useless mod freak"...:laugh: This Fall, I'll replace engine hoses and fans with Samco silicon Hoses and Muzzy aluminium fan...

We have installed the bike design no cut frame sliders on many hayabusa's with the muzzy fan, including my own '99, '01, and '06 busas without no problems.:thumbsup:

Thank you StreetnTrack , this is a good new!
I will be your guinea pig with my '08 'Busa:lol:

Problem solved...
I called Curtis at Muzzy and he told me that Muzzy fans are wide like stock fan...
No problem can occur while mounting Muzzy fan with BDB frame sliders...

I, unfortunately, have recent experience with the application of no-cut frame sliders. We had crazy wind yesterday (58 mph gusts) and my bike blew over in the parking lot at work. It fell directly onto the right side. I have the T-Rex no-cuts and the mounts appear to have bent/flexed, because the right side slider cracked the fairing. The fairing is also scratched on the "hump" that goes over the engine.

Does anyone knows where is the forum that show a busa having a long bar attach from the centre frame to the fairing?

Interested in that kind of frame and fairing protection.:laugh:

I, unfortunately, have recent experience with the application of no-cut frame sliders. We had crazy wind yesterday (58 mph gusts) and my bike blew over in the parking lot at work. It fell directly onto the right side. I have the T-Rex no-cuts and the mounts appear to have bent/flexed, because the right side slider cracked the fairing. The fairing is also scratched on the "hump" that goes over the engine.

Well notcrazy, a pair of frame sliders can often allows you to come back home WITH your bike...scratched, but without several damages (or oil dripping from the stator or clutch cover)...
You can't demand to frame-sliders to avoid any damage to the fairings!
Well...in my 2008 Busa the T-rex was TOO MUCH CLOSER to the fairing...Obviously...very simple to crack the fairing!!!
My new Bike Design benelux are more far from fairing than T-rex...

Well....other T-rex feedbacks?:whistle:

here's a recent one......this time, crash tested: https://www.hayabusa.org/forum/gen-ii-busa-information/135521-do-these-work.html

196052d1280351822-do-these-work-p7260131.jpg

Back