Rear tail section

Jeremy Godo

Registered
hey guys,
I have my bike setup on the lowest lowering link and the front is slammed also. I had a aftermarket undertail setup but the tire was rubbing on it. I love how low it sits and am wondering what I can do for plate placement and undertail coverage. Im not a fan of plates on the swingarm. The stock undertail was cut to fit this aftermarket kit on, but I have removed that kit so I am wondering what iptions are out there and what others have done for a racing setup.
has anyone used this tiger undertail?

http://www.rcsperformanceonline.com...nt successfully to piratediverjefff@yahoo.com

any ideas for a clean look and a good mount for a plate?

All you need are 2 small L brackets, or something similiar.
Most hardware stores have a big selection of various types of brackets and fasteners.
Even 2 small hand cut aluminum strips with a 45 degree bend.
Hand bent or bench brake. Doesn't take much.
You can mount your tag easily in the location and at the angle you like the best.
Just place the tag by hand in different places until you get it where you want.
Drill 2 small holes and it's done.
Some have used stock rear reflector brackets to mount the tag with too.
If you need to be legal, then you can buy tag bolts that have built-in led lights.

The undertails you posted in the link are really for drag racing only.
As they are open all around, and water/rain water from the tire will get into everything in the tail.

I had one on my turbo bike and allows you to lower away without the tire rubbing,but like sixpack said if you get caught in the rain the tire will sling it all up inside(if there's an upside,it hardly ever rains out here :laugh:).Really need to have a minimum of 4" of clearance under the bike also,that's what mine measures out at and I still flattened a header tube on a semi-hidden old speed bump(other than that one time I've been ok :laugh:).

Back