Cut out\'s still there!!!..... guess I\'ll wait

OB_Nick

Registered
Well I posted a week ago that I took my bike in and got the dealer to change the filter and everything was alright. But, I was wrong. Just 400kms later and the cutting out and burping is starting again.

I wonder if everybody else with a problem is having the same kind of cut out or miss as I'm having. Mine almost always cuts out on full throttle after going through 1st-2nd-3rd and then on the 3rd to 4th shift, while opening up to full throttle, it just completely dies for a couple of seconds with no throttle response whatsoever. It happens sometimes on the 4th to 5th shift but by then your flying so you probably want to slow down.

I also notice a big burp when you crack the throttle in 1st gear as in the beginning of a wheelie. If you roll it on quickly it doesn't do it but if you just crack it, it stumbles and then goes.

This is how it started the first time before the fix, and now it starting to do the same thing again. The last time it was dying under braking as I came to a stop. No FI light or check engine lights have ever come on but my dealer said that there was a TPS(throttle position sensor) code in the computer which would cause the burp when the throttle is cracked.

Guess I'll wait for the recall!!

Just wondering how everybody else with this problem is having the same kind of things happening.

I have over 10000kms on my Busa now but this problem started at about 4500kms. Ever since then it got worse and worse until the filter change. Now it seems like it's starting again.

My serial number is #1422 if that means anything.

I'm wondering if all the people having this problem are in the US and Canada? I'm in Ireland and got my bike from Holland. I've got 2700km on the clock in just over a month and haven't had so much as a hint of cutting out. Does anyone in Europe have this problem and if so where and what grade of fuel are you using? I use regular unleaded 95 RON fuel here.

I'm from Vancouver, Canada. I've only used 94 octane fuel in my bike from day one. Suzuki is calling me back this week.

I can't pin mine down to any particular time that it cuts out but it definitely will cut out when the fuel is down to 5 litres or less in the tank. This is when the light just comes on.

Mine also dies when you come to a hard stop. No lights go off and the electrical seems to be operating OK.

I haven't heard from Suzuki but someone here posted that a bulletin is out. I'm in Canada and haven't heard anything yet.

This problem on my bike has been happening for 3 months now, pretty much my whole riding season up here.

Nick,

Mine started cutting out on saturday night. I brought it back to the shop today. Can you tell me was it constant when it started with your bike? Mine happened every couple of hundred metres from starting cold until I got to the shop (16km away). From what I've been reading it's been intermittant with other people so maybe mine is a different problem. It also resets my clock when it happens.

This is my virgin post, so firstly a big gidday to all you fellow 'busa owners. I've been following this board for a while now, and its a very valuable resource.

I've been experiencing the cutout problem for about two weeks now. Details are:

Loc: Canberra, Australia
Odo: 4500km (2800miles)
VIN: xxx00061 (red/black :) )

The only common factor I can identify is fuel tank level - it always happens when I'm low on fuel (3-5 litres). It seems to happen at any revs, from idle up. You accelerate, and back off in-gear, or to change gears, and the motor will die for a few seconds. I have to be careful when it does come back on not to have the throttle too wide open.

To me it definately seems like a fuel starvation problem. That coupled with the time it has taken for the problem to develop in my machine, it also seems like a filter problem as well.

Murray

Mine started at exactly the same time yours did Murray. It just got worse and worse from there on. At about 8500kms it pretty much died all the time.

If it's like mine and probably many others, it'll start dying under braking.

What is going on here, it seems as if we or at least a fair amount of Busa owners are experiencing the same problem here. I have about 1400 miles on my Bus and so far no cut outs. However I do feel the acceleration has diminished slightly on the bottom end. I have run only 92 octane and never used any type of fuel additive.
Do the cut outs happen just suddenly or are they preceded by a slight to moderate acceleration decrease?
This really sucks cause someone is going to get hurt bad and we are left holding the bag.

Whats up Suzuki??????
The CBR1100XX is looking better all the time.

Sniff, Sniff is that a Lawsuit I smell?
FF-O

Well there you go. I left the bike in with the shop on Monday and it turns out I don't have the cut-out problem at all. what happened is the fuel tank prop-up bar that is stored under the rear hump came loose and slid under my seat and was shorting the battery against the frame. Lovely design that things can slip under the seat that. Anyway Problem solved and fingers crossed for no real cut-out problem.

There are 3 other busa riders that ride with me here in Orlando.None of us has experienced any cut out problems.Our mile vary from 1200 to 4500 miles between us.

Back