Engine Cutting Out

Thanks for all the inputs guys. Searched old and new threads endlessly without any luck. As a last resort posted here. Have found many threads started with the same issue but not even one has a definite answer as to how it was resolved. I understand it's a hyber bike and I haven't got it for daily commute even though I'm based in India. Will post the picturesas soon as I have her running again. Have done everything according to the video and yet the problem persists after the bike heats up.

Thanks for all the inputs guys .

Searched old and new threads
endlessly without any luck .

As a last resort posted here .

Have found many threads
started with the same issue
but not even one has a definite
answer as to how it was resolved .

I understand it is
a hyper bike and
I have not got it
for daily commute
even though I am
based in India .

Will post the pictures
as soon as I have
her running again .

Have done everything
according to the video
and yet the problem
persists after the
bike heats up .

:banghead:

HEY!! Now Red, you did not seek permission to use MY hallowed comp test vid!!!!!
I'll have you know it's copyrighted and you may suffer the same fate as KIM DOTCOM.
I'm goiNg to think this over, I may be feeling generous today and cut you a break!
Please stand by . . .
:rolleyes: Today is your day of forgiveness oh sitting red bull, you have been granted a pardon and full redemption!

I did many testing, I did check the error code in the CDI, NOTHING. I will check this yellow cable, but tell me, hayaboosa, did you experienced the engine cut ? I think I am the only one who got this problem am I not ?
I sent emails to suzuki and they don't know anything about this, They even didn't answer ot the latest reply.
Now I will service the busa for the 6000 km, and I asked the mechanics to send the CDI to suzuki for testing.
Story:" I was passing an R1 in a sharp turn, and guess what happened...engine cut ! SHOOT
I have an 06 Busa stock w/ 20,977 miles... I've also experienced a sudden power loss as the motor cuts out @68-80 mi/hr, it doesn't happen all the time thankfully, but DOES happen & repeatedly @ times... What intend up having to do is quickly pull in clutch and simultaneously twist throttle while letting clutch out and hope & pray it comes back to life before being mowed down by "The Angry & Envious less fortunate" (slower traffic... was slower until .. well, you know. ) ....
Anyways, when this sudden freak power loss happens I've noticed not only the very quick and not too sutle jerk I feel that accompanies the power loss @ that speed... But the tach needle drops to 0, Red oil light comes on, CHCK appears on the readout display, I feel the motor turning over but can tell there's no ignition in cylinders...
Why this happens I don't know, I've been told check kick stand sensor, did that. Physically checked it... Appears to function properly physically, there's good amount of travel and spring tension, no audible crunching sound or broken feel to it, it's mounted properly I think.. I've noticed a little bit of wiggle ability tho and checked torque on mount bolt...
Idk...wtf the issue is here buuuuuut hopefully SOMEONE can bestow their knowledge this way (NO GUESSWORK PLZ, if you don't know for sure don't blurt out your hair brain theory or guesstimation)
I do appreciate any help I can get @ this point.

I have an 06 Busa stock w/ 20,977 miles... I've also experienced a sudden power loss as the motor cuts out @68-80 mi/hr, it doesn't happen all the time thankfully, but DOES happen & repeatedly @ times... What intend up having to do is quickly pull in clutch and simultaneously twist throttle while letting clutch out and hope & pray it comes back to life before being mowed down by "The Angry & Envious less fortunate" (slower traffic... was slower until .. well, you know. ) ....
Anyways, when this sudden freak power loss happens I've noticed not only the very quick and not too sutle jerk I feel that accompanies the power loss @ that speed... But the tach needle drops to 0, Red oil light comes on, CHCK appears on the readout display, I feel the motor turning over but can tell there's no ignition in cylinders...
Why this happens I don't know, I've been told check kick stand sensor, did that. Physically checked it... Appears to function properly physically, there's good amount of travel and spring tension, no audible crunching sound or broken feel to it, it's mounted properly I think.. I've noticed a little bit of wiggle ability tho and checked torque on mount bolt...
Idk...wtf the issue is here buuuuuut hopefully SOMEONE can bestow their knowledge this way (NO GUESSWORK PLZ, if you don't know for sure don't blurt out your hair brain theory or guesstimation)
I do appreciate any help I can get @ this point.
Welcome, first post I see-you will note it was started in 1999.

It would have served you better to have started your very own thread but I digress.

I will not comment on your issue as I would be guessing seeing as I am not standing beside your bike in person-that is always the best way to diagnose an issue-anything else will be a guess through trial and error.

There's something to be said about "attracting bees with honey not vinegar"

No guess work? No worries,I'll throw out my Magic 8 Ball toy...its all I was gonna use anyway. Most of us dont have a fuggin clue anyway,you've come to the wrong site. :laugh:
Me...I only have 40+ years wrenching on bikes,20 years owning and wrenching Busa's...I'm on my 5th 500+ HP Busa...
wish I could help...:p
Rubb.

Back