Cut out problem seems to be fixed.

OB_Nick

Registered
My Busa doesn't have any more cut problems after the dealer changed the main filter in the pump. My bike has over 9500kms and was stalling and dying at least 3 or 4 times in a night before this. It would also die under braking which seems strange that a filter would cause this.
I've been riding around quite a bit in the last few days and it hasn't burped or hiccuped at all. No more dying under braking and almost seems like the bike actually has less vibration again like when I bought it. My dealer said that all he replaced was the filter so maybe this is one of those high maintenance things that can be easily replaced every once and a while. I don't know, but a filter getting clogged after 4000kms seems strange but hopefully that's all it is.
Just wondering if anyone else has had the problem fixed and what the dealer has actually done. Suzuki Canada never told me what they were going to look for when I told about the problem, all they told me was to bring in to the dealer again and this time it was fixed.

Nick
I got the same problem and the same fix ! In fact, it is a cleaning problem at the factory, when you pull the first fuel gallon into the tank, then some fine particles starts to go into the filter through the pump, when the filter is dirty enough, the Busa has cut-off problems because the pump heats too much to push the fuel through that filter to the engine, then, the security system stops it to cool it, that's it !
I hope there are no more dirt in the tank ...

[This message has been edited by pmb (edited 03 September 1999).]

my bike has the cut out problem and i got the
same response from my dealer
---"noone else has that problem and suzuki hasnt released a bulletin." tomorrow im going
to replace the filter in the pump and see if
that fixes it and post the results

my bike has the cut out problem and i got the
same response from my dealer
---"noone else has that problem and suzuki hasnt released a bulletin." tomorrow im going
to replace the filter in the pump and see if
that fixes it and post the results

Just wondering if this problem is constant once it starts?

Mine starting on saturday and was constant as long as I was riding and happened every few hundred yards. I just let the bike roll on and restart.

Also, my clock reset a couple of times which would suggest that the problem is more then just a clogged filter.

This was an intermittent problem with my abusa, found that when I got bad gas it would happen, so now I am trying to find what gas stations to stay away from in my area..

Back