cut-out question

OB_Bob

Registered
It seems some of the cut-out VICTIMS, yes VICTIMS as torture seems to be one result, have had their bikes to their dealer.
Then after some number of miles, its back!
Jeffw just posted that a gummy sunstance was found in his throttle bodies?
Heres the question? Those that had it fixed successfully and unsuccessfully, did the dealer flush out the gas tank? And, did they replace the filter and clean both strainers?
My thinking is that if you only change the filter/strainers downstream of the source, it may only work until more material clogs it up again.
Bob

I would like to know just what in the *hell* Suzuki has put into the fuel tanks in the 1st place. Wonder if this was a first time test for them. I have not heard of other F/I Suzuki bikes having this type of crap in the fuel lines & filters.

Jeffw
Suzuki has been putting this stuff in the tanks since at least the early 90's.
On my 92 gsxr1100 I pulled off the head when it had 250 miles on it and the intake valves had a huge amount of deposits on the back side of them and so did the chamber.
I looked at the back side of the valves on the busa and they are the same.
I tried to loosen the stuff up with every type of chemical i could think of but it looks like the wire brush is the only way

Turbo Rick

Finally got my throttle working again. I tried several products w/o much luck. Got some STP throttle body cleaner, after a few squirts, with some rubbing, all are now clean and move free.

Now if you twist my throttle open and release, it returns, before it did not.

Hey, GSX1300RGuy,

Do these fuel additives do anything? Do they really reduce the carbon deposits as they say, or is it just bullshit?
I mean, have you opened the head afterwards to see if things are cleaner?

I used them a couple of times, but it's hard to tell if it's better.

I brougth my busa to the Suzuki importer (Netherlands) becouse of cut out problems. They replaced the fuelpump filter with an enlarged one. Next week I will try out and keep you informed.

Injector and valve cleaners do work, on cars anyway.Iv`e taken plenty of auto cylinder heads apart.Iv`e been using Syntech cleaner on the bus for the last 2 fillups I usually use Techron .I`ll be looking at the valves when I get my manual next week.If you look down the throttle bodies into the cylinder heads you can see the intake valves and mine had carbon buildup& deposits on them.I dont know how because all I run is Mobil super and if anything the bike is running lean.This winter if I get frisky I`ll pull the heads and have some mild porting and polishing done new cams and have the head shaved.I`ll also polish the valves which from past experiance has reduced the likely hood of future build up.

Back