Custom Ice Blue Pearl Plasti-dip

So how much is the complete kit to do this? I like the new color by the way. Loved the lime as well. Somthing else I really like. You have the GSXR 1,000 muffler on it. It looks like it should have came that way from the factory! !!!!

I don't remember what the kit costs, check out dipyourcar.com for prices and especially all the colors and pearls.

Yes sir, definitely agree that the GSXR1K muffler looks perfect on the bike and retains the stock look! Sounds decent as well too. I'm running a 4-2-1 Yoshimura full exhaust, but sold the carbon muffler so I could put this on. I ran the same setup on my old 03 and loved it so much I had to do it again, lol. Here's a clip if curious.

Well this kinda pisses me off that this came out 10 days after I ordered the stuff for the bike. But.... figured I'd share with anyone thinking about dipping their bike.

unnamed.jpg

Its an amazing looking color, keep on experimenting. I d bring mine from fla tohave it looklike that. Got togoto ft polk tosee my kid, would you or could you do a bike, I like what your doing. Got to go in a few months over there.
I need to clarify something... I suck at painting, just Plasti-Dip is damn forgiving. :)

What I really need to clarify is I mixed the pearl into TOPCOAT and not DipCoat. TopCoat is the higher end compared to Glossifier and 100x better than DipCoat. DipCoat is something that comes in a spray bottle and you put it on after 24hrs and after a wash. It makes the bike feel less like rubber and more like paint, if you can imagine that. It also protects it too.

I'm just not happy with how the tail came out, I tried to fix it with Xylene but apparently that doesn't work well with TopCoat. I picked up a can of Glossifier last night and put that on the tail so least it has some shine to it. Live and learn, I'll follow what I did the first 2 times I dipped the bike and prep everything one evening and come back the next day and spray it, then following day to put it back together.

At any rate, here is a comparison of what they call light blue on the truck (and I call Grabber blue) vs the custom mix + pearl + TopCoat on the bike. :) Please ignore the messy shop, I am in the middle of building a trailer when I decided to dip the bike, lol.

View attachment 393882
View attachment 393883
View attachment 393884

Its an amazing looking color, keep on experimenting. I d bring mine from fla tohave it looklike that. Got togoto ft polk tosee my kid, would you or could you do a bike, I like what your doing. Got to go in a few months over there.

I appreciate the kind words, but I only do this for fun for something different on my bike... I guess I enjoy being able to see it and appreciate the work I put into it. It won't be long, it'll be a different color tho! Just not sure what yet since I'll be on a 3 month turn around starting tomorrow so nothing will be done to the bike in a while. But I will be able to ride it when it's not raining, can't wait. I just went back to stock gearing (was +2 in rear), new chain and recalibrated my speedometer. Should make riding on the interstate a little better at a lower RPM... even save some gas, lol.

Hi M8, new bike colour looks great!! Liked the white, loved the green and blue is also very nice! The muffler looks perfect, too, imho best solution on a Hayabusa and far better than the yoshimura cans

Curious as to how well it holds up where your needs and crotch goes .. Does it not rub and start to peel there ?

Curious as to how well it holds up where your needs and crotch goes .. Does it not rub and start to peel there ?

From the 3 times I've dipped the bike I've never had an issue where the knees and crotch go or from removing and handling the hump. The only place I've found where it rubs off is underneath the seat by the tank, but can't be seen unless you remove the seat.

Awesome I have experience with dipping chrome bits and have researched it but walways wondered if it would peel on the tank .. I can see me doing something like this over winter :)

You should have no issues, it sticks really well. Takes a good bit of picking at it to get it started when you're ready to remove it or remove it off the headlights/signals.

Back