Polaris Yellow Dipped Hayabusa

InfiniteReality

Registered
Took alot longer to make a thread than I anticipated. I'm getting old and this heat is getting to me much quicker I suppose. 1 gallon of white base coat, 35g of Polaris Yellow pearl mixed into 1/2 gallon of TopCoat and then sealed it in with clear TopCoat.

Not my favorite color, but works. As it typically seems, it's hard to catch exactly how the color looks in person. I took a bunch of pictures with the DSLR and the color looked more pastel than bright, but luckily I took a few with my Pixel 2 XL and came out much more close to the actual color. I may play with the DSLR pictures in Photoshop to see if I can get them more color accurate, if so I'll add to the thread.

I also randomly came across a used OEM tail without the red lens on ebay for $20 shipped. I picked it up and slightly modified to use it underneath the light smoke aftermarket tail light's lens (pics and/or shop lights make them appear much darker than in person). I'm MUCH happier with this than any aftermarket tail I've owned on the bike. The downside with the aftermarket ones is while they have a full board of LEDs, the board is angled in such a way you have to be standing over the bike to get full brightness. I still felt safe riding with it like that since I have the Triple Smart Play installed so my signals are also running lights, but this is a much better solution. All my tails are illuminated best they can be, wished I'd done it sooner. Also I suppose it's more of an OEM look as well.

IMG_20180603_115556.jpg

IMG_20180603_115559.jpg

IMG_20180603_115609.jpg

IMG_20180603_115614.jpg

IMG_20180603_115624.jpg

IMG_20180603_115633.jpg

IMG_20180603_115655.jpg

IMG_20180601_164548.jpg

IMG_20180602_193003.jpg

IMG_20180602_193111.jpg

Nice color, what size tire and what fender did you use. I like the blacked out inner panels.

Thanks everyone. It's growing on me, definitely feel safer with a loud color. I still think Firebelly Orange was brighter when it was freshly dipped. As bright as that color was, I had an old lady try to come in my lane on the interstate and I was easily in her view, how she couldn't see me is beyond me. She got the 1 finger salute while I'm pointing at the bike asking how!

It's a GSXR1K fender in satin black and gloss blackwheels. Front wheel is a stock 120 and rear is a 250.

This color likes filters, this is more of an accurate dip color.

IMG_20180603_115603.jpg

Thanks! It seems to wear pretty much any color decently.

Hate to admit it, but I give people the 1 finger salute alot lately. I'll do it for the simple fact when I roll by them and see them looking at their phone while driving, I honk, salute and do the hang up sign. Just something that pisses me off because it's these type of people that we as riders have to watch out for.

Such a nice color. I wish I knew someone who could do that for me. Would love to have a unique job like that, but don't trust myself to do a good job.

Don't get me wrong, it's by all means not a perfect job and makes me look better than I actually am. It's forgiving stuff. I'd classify it as my worse dip honestly, I should have paid closer attention to some spots when spraying. But even on my best dip, there's always something I could have done better, granted I guess it's like with anything you modify.

I like this color more and more every day. When I first sprayed it in the shop, I was kinda disappointed as it wasn't as bright as I expected. Same thought when I put it together, but out in the sun it really shows how bright of a color it is. I love it at dawn, it literally glows.

Wow! They will see you coming!! I love it! Amazing work...do your neighbors think you just trade in bikes constantly or do they realize you are always bored and "painting" your bike? :super:

Thanks! Funny enough that crossed my mind yesterday and I asked a co-worker the same question about neighbors. After thinking about it, we built 3.5yrs ago and the bike has been 7 dipped colors, plus 1 OEM color, plus 1 China fairing color (2016 graphics). Maybe they think I have 9 bikes, well 10 if you include the 50. One neighbor knows I dip, but not a clue what others think. I live in the middle of the neighborhood and ride to work as much as possible so I'm sure people hear and/or see me. I'm surprised my wife hasn't gotten asked since she's the one that keeps in contact with everyone around us.

Check out the Miami Blue (i.e. Porsche site)... I think it will look perfect on the hayabusa. That yellow is crazy. I think much louder than that of Corvette's.

Check out the Miami Blue (i.e. Porsche site)... I think it will look perfect on the hayabusa. That yellow is crazy. I think much louder than that of Corvette's.

I looked at it, some pictures of it in the shade, it sort of reminded me of how the bike looked sprayed in Intense Teal (before adding the pearl). I'll see if I can maybe find a picture of it. I fully expected to like it and really didn't. It may have looked better if had gloss and out in the sun though, like the yellow. I bet if mixed intense teal and light blue together,it'd be spot on to Miami Blue.

A buddy of mine has a millennial yellow Vette and it's definitely considerably brighter. More neon-ish I suppose.

I kinda like it. It looks different, but very clean. Not the typical confusing kluge paint job or the typical monochromatic style of the el cheapo job either. I would walk over and check that bike out at a burger stop or ice cream stand car/bike night. Others bore me. LOL

Back