Tiffany Blue Pearl Dipped Hayabusa

How long does it hold up especially on tank

Holds up very well against the tank. After 6 months there's a few scuffs and such around the tank where my knees are, but they come out. It'd probably help if I cleaned the bike more often and reapplied the DipCoat. The only issue the dip has, which can't be seen, is where the seat hits the tank. It does rub through, but the only way to see that is if you have the seat off. My seat has been modified and recovered, so a stock seat could be just fine.

Dip holds up against bugs pretty well too. Here's an older video of removing bugs from the dip with only a towel and water. I think it comes off easier than if it was on the paint.

Looks good. I like the orange the best. What type of gun works best and what tip size do you use?

I use the gun from dipyourcar.

I liked the orange as well, but the downside to it (which I knew before I dipped it) is that it fades in the sun. I fully expected it to last at least a few months but I could tell after a couple of weeks. People at work started noticing not too long after that. Kinda sucked, DYC should tell people how quickly it fades.

D'oh ! ! !

I see the answer above .

homer-simpson-doh-gif-7.gif

I use the DYC dip prep stuff. If I had wax on it before a dip, I wash with dawn.

To remove, I rub a corner to get it going and peel. I use a microfiber towel and rub corners and such that may not be as thick as others, like under the nose is an example.

I find myself wanting a new color more often with each dip. I get all excited.....then I start peeling it and immediately regret the decision as I realize how much time I'm going to invest, lol.

New color is sprayed and not entirely sure what I think of it. Definitely won't be my favorite color, but hopefully when adding the graphics I'll dig it more. If I'm lucky, I'll have it back together today and get some decals cut and put on.......hopefully.

For the record, the more coats of dip does NOT make it any easier to peel for a bike. Just too many sections of a bike to make a difference. This past dip had about 1.50-1.75 gallons of dip plus 1/2 gallon of TopCoat. It was no easier to peel than 1 gallon of dip only.

IMG_20180528_172842.jpg

IMG_20180527_163931.jpg

IMG_20180527_142613.jpg

Okay now let’s see the new!
I find myself wanting a new color more often with each dip. I get all excited.....then I start peeling it and immediately regret the decision as I realize how much time I'm going to invest, lol.

New color is sprayed and not entirely sure what I think of it. Definitely won't be my favorite color, but hopefully when adding the graphics I'll dig it more. If I'm lucky, I'll have it back together today and get some decals cut and put on.......hopefully.

For the record, the more coats of dip does NOT make it any easier to peel for a bike. Just too many sections of a bike to make a difference. This past dip had about 1.50-1.75 gallons of dip plus 1/2 gallon of TopCoat. It was no easier to peel than 1 gallon of dip only.

View attachment 1581314

View attachment 1581315

View attachment 1581316

Back