Tiffany Blue Pearl Dipped Hayabusa

I didn't have it in me by the time I got home to put it back together. I knew I wouldn't be able to put it back together and get the graphics cut out without staying up very late so put it off till today where I can get on it right after work.

I am happy to report that I did mount the tank (so I could run it to change the oil and filter while fairings are off) and I'm WAY more happy with the color choice now.

I just bought my first bike, being a 2013 Busa. The color on your bike is really nice. I take it this is Plasti-dipped? I am very curious as to the process and cost. I am not a huge fan of the color of my bike as I only bought it because it was an amazing deal. Cost me 8500 and only had 2800 miles. I couldn't pass on it. But if I can customize my own paint for a good price I would certainly look into it.

I just bought my first bike, being a 2013 Busa. The color on your bike is really nice. I take it this is Plasti-dipped? I am very curious as to the process and cost. I am not a huge fan of the color of my bike as I only bought it because it was an amazing deal. Cost me 8500 and only had 2800 miles. I couldn't pass on it. But if I can customize my own paint for a good price I would certainly look into it.

Yep just like the title says, it's dipped. :)

Congrats on the bike, you'll love it and great price! As far as dipping, it can vary depending how simple or wild you want to go. In just materials, you can get away with it costing as little as $55 which is a basic color and will be satin/matte.

You can go further and also get TopCoat for a more glossy look. For nice and shiny, half gallon is good. $145 for gallon of TopCoat and gallon of dip......plus you'll have another 1/2 gallon to use for next dip. If want more of something between satin and gloss, just get quart which would be total of $80.

You can take it a step further and use TopCoat plus pearl. Same $145 plus cost of pearls (prices vary). I put pearls in half the gallon and spray it. Then use the other half of the gallon to seal it in. If you want really wild, look at the Hypershift pearls. They're not cheap, but are pretty awesome color shifts.

Of course you'll need the sprayer to apply it, which DYC carries... it's a 1 time cost but I've had better luck with it than rattle cans. If you already own a Wagner-type of sprayer, use it.

Yep just like the title says, it's dipped. :)

Congrats on the bike, you'll love it and great price! As far as dipping, it can vary depending how simple or wild you want to go. In just materials, you can get away with it costing as little as $55 which is a basic color and will be satin/matte.

You can go further and also get TopCoat for a more glossy look. For nice and shiny, half gallon is good. $145 for gallon of TopCoat and gallon of dip......plus you'll have another 1/2 gallon to use for next dip. If want more of something between satin and gloss, just get quart which would be total of $80.

You can take it a step further and use TopCoat plus pearl. Same $145 plus cost of pearls (prices vary). I put pearls in half the gallon and spray it. Then use the other half of the gallon to seal it in. If you want really wild, look at the Hypershift pearls. They're not cheap, but are pretty awesome color shifts.

Of course you'll need the sprayer to apply it, which DYC carries... it's a 1 time cost but I've had better luck with it than rattle cans. If you already own a Wagner-type of sprayer, use it.
Thank you sir. One day probably next spring I might look into doing that. I would love something like that. How reliable is it? Does it last? I just want a unique look on mine.

Thank you sir. One day probably next spring I might look into doing that. I would love something like that. How reliable is it? Does it last? I just want a unique look on mine.

Anytime, it very reliable and last years. Obviously on the bike I don't think I've had it longer than 6 months, but I did dip my Ford Raptor in July 2015. I sold it a year later with dip still on it. As of a week or 2 ago, the new owner still had the dip on the truck. Like on the bike it was sprayed over the graphics as well. I've never tried it, but it'll hold up to automatic car washes as well. Bugs and such come off it easily with just water, the only maintenance I do is a spray wax after I wash it, mainly because it makes the dip feel more like paint.

Still haven't put the bike together. I fully intended to Wednesday after work, but it was 102 when I got in my car after work and decided hell with it....even though I wanted to ride. I get up at 4am for work so couldn't wait till dusk to do anything, but today is Friday so it'll be together tonight.

Is it difficult to remover all of the fairings and tank to dip them? I am mechanically inclined, but never worked on a bike before.

Is it difficult to remover all of the fairings and tank to dip them? I am mechanically inclined, but never worked on a bike before.

It's pretty easy, Lord knows I've done it WAY too many times. The first time (or even the 2nd) will always take the longest to feel comfortable removing the side fairings. If curious on dipping process, I time lapsed a dip a few years ago. I forgot how empty the shop was compared to currently.

If have fairings waxed, you should wash bike with Dawn to remove all wax. Also the part of the prep is to wipe each piece down with SEM Prep as well to be safe.

After dipping in use a spray wax on top of the tip and protects it and makes cleaning easier as well. It so seems to bring out the pearls too.

Bike is all back together with graphics.... Yay. Took a few pics when sun was going down, but the sun kind of makes it look funny so will try again tomorrow at noon.

Back